• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO gen vs rep, impressive!

mtlhabs

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/11/10
Got my PO rep in the mail yesterday, here are some shots vs my gen. Really close! Its impressive.

Spot the fake

pocomparison2.jpg

pocomparison.jpg

houtex

Known Member
29/12/10
The black bezel is the genuine. The blue AR on the orange model is what I noticed.

Seifert

Renowned Member
11/8/09
I think the date window is a little bigger on the black, so i would call that out for being the gen. Also the blue AR. But it is absolutely ridiculous how good they have become. It's the 42mm right?

SwissOmega

19/5/10
Agreed the orange is the rep, the He valve is too long, and I am wearing the same one on my wrist. Getting quite close though.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Thanks for posting this thread. It is so helpful. Rep points to ya!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Looks like the rep pearl is too large to do a pearl swap. The Gen pearl has a smaller diameter I think.

believer123

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/10
I'm totally guessing, but I would say the orange one was the REP because of the date wheel being smaller... This is just a WAG (Wild A@@ Guess) though... It is darn close though... Thanks for sharing.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Looks like the rep pearl is too large to do a pearl swap. The Gen pearl has a smaller diameter I think.

Thats right, i have it right in front of me and that cant be done... So gen bezel or better insert which i am going to follow...

mtlhabs

27/11/10
Well nothing gets passed you guys! Orange is indeed rep. I noticed it runs really accurate so far, as accurate as my gen. The feel is really close too, but the finishing on the gen is better (obviously). The intensity of the lume is close, but the rep dies out much faster. Before I joined the forum, there is no way I would be able to tell it was fake!

edit: yes it is the 42mm

mtlhabs

27/11/10
Got it from replicamake, i think its the 4th gen version...