• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO gen rubber strap

thelawnmowerman

Renowned Member
2/4/06
With the hassles I've had trying to make th rep strap fit and look right I've had enough and finally decided to
get the gen .
I know you can get it from Offrei for $189 plus shipping but I've been to several dealers (ADs) over the last week and they've all quoted me £150 , but one dealer said £110 so I went and put a deposit on it and ordered it today.
Its for my 4th gen 42mm orange, as I've now got the Ultimate with black bezel , white numbers, on a bracelet I figure I'll give it a whole new look with a rubber (I also have more than enough bracelet watches)
should take about a week ,I'll post some pics when I get it.

PS
I've been told by Josh that this strap fits without drilling the watch but I've tried and it just doesnt look right, whatever way .

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
i am sure there will be an easy way of getting it on the watch....i am playing with the same thought !
enjoy !!

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
Yeah, please update us on how it looks & fits etc. I've been trying to stop my rep rubber strap from swinging about once fitted.. :(

vmena

9/4/06
I had a PO and I bought a gen bracelet and it fits perfectly in the watch! Really sporty look.

sjedwardz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/3/06
Hi - I've also got a runner strap from Josh who says it should fit without any problem. But the metal nipple gets in the way and won't let you attach the strap!

thelawnmowerman - Did filing off the nipple leave too much of a gap? If the strap doesn't fir too well I might just keep it to fit a Seamaster GMT (sounds like a good excuse to get a new watch!)

thelawnmowerman

Renowned Member
2/4/06
I filed them off in the end cos I couldnt get it on but , they dont stay in place, when you put it on your wrist they fold down and leave a gap . you could always get a Hirsch Medici leather strap for it , I have one on it at the moment and it fits well and stays in place.

thelawnmowerman

Renowned Member
2/4/06
Its a gen and he has a few of them ,I mailed him yesterday to see about buy it now ,
And less than 6 hours later he sold it for $265 to someone else (I wouldnt have paid that)

Panama

10/9/06
I don`t understand the problem with the rubber straps. :shock:

What is it about, can somebody post pictures?

I`m planing to order a PO 42mm with rubber strap.

Cherrs

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
$265 for less than 100g of robber... damn, I can get 4 tires for that price..

haveblue

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/06
i was tracking that same sale and in the end it went for $265 USD plus $20 USD for shipping.....a total of $285 USD.

I had heard that they sell for around $300 USD.....so it's about right.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
Panama said:
I don`t understand the problem with the rubber straps. :shock:

What is it about, can somebody post pictures?

I`m planing to order a PO 42mm with rubber strap.

Cherrs

The trouble is, the springbar seems to be spaced to far from the case.
Like there needs to be a 2nd set of drill holes on the lugs, closer to the case by about 2mm. This would fit the strap tighter and hopefully stop it swinging. The nipple was supposed to locate in a pre drilled hole in the case. Your one with pre-fitted rubber may already have this, but us with the 42mm PO and bracelets all seem to have the same problem when retro-fitting rubber??

steve12345

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/9/06
I think I got the best rubber strap for $ and it even has a secure but easy deployment. The band thickness is 4.5 mm of thick Italian rubber. I highly recommend this strap. I also put one on my Seiko as well as the Planet Ocean Replica 45.5 mm . Best deal i have seen on Ebay in a long time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

I am not the seller but a buyer who can't spend $$ on a Rubber strap from Omega.

Steve

thelawnmowerman

Renowned Member
2/4/06
My Gen strap came today ,I 've just finished fitting it and its totally different , really nice.
Firstly it fits right and doesnt move around,
Secondly it says Planet Ocean on the inside of the strap, the rep doesnt,
thirdly ,it has a brushed buckle ,the rep has a chrome one,
lastly the holes that the pin buckle locate into are a different shape , they are narrower and longer , but more importantly the they are angled to the same angle as the pin.
I'm really pleased with it .

vmena

9/4/06
I had a PO with a gen rubber band and it is perfect. What stupidity I made selling both (watch and rubber).

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
thelawnmowerman said:
My Gen strap came today ,I 've just finished fitting it and its totally different , really nice.
Firstly it fits right and doesnt move around,
Secondly it says Planet Ocean on the inside of the strap, the rep doesnt,
thirdly ,it has a brushed buckle ,the rep has a chrome one,
lastly the holes that the pin buckle locate into are a different shape , they are narrower and longer , but more importantly the they are angled to the same angle as the pin.
I'm really pleased with it .

What are you waiting for?! We want pics!!