• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO Dial color

mattheis

Renowned Member
7/5/07
I have been looking at the 45 POs for a while, I have seen a variety of pictures and I have a question. Through out the pictures I have seen there has been a variation between the black of the dial. Some seem to have a real dark rich black and others seem to have a more dark gray tint. I have yet to see a gen up close, and I am wondering what the true color is. I know pictures can vary do to lighting, but it seems that the black of the dial varies but the bezel is continuously a deep black, compairable to a sub. Are the PO dials as rich black as a sub, or do the have more of a dark gray color? Do older (earlier edition) rep versions have a lighter color dial?

Thanks,
M

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
img6350ed1.jpg

Gen on left, rep on right:

The gen is definitely more black than the rep. The rep is matte black leaning more grey (like 90% black). The black on a gen PO is matte/rougher, while the black on a rolex sub is more gloss finished/smoother.

the gen's will vary in color when because the light hits the AR coating, but when i had both my rep and gen to compare, it was noticeable that the rep was a bit less black than gen.

You can always opt to get the 42 and swap out the dial for a gen Dial. really good way to get the lume and proper logo.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
I saw a photo of a 45mm 007 that looks like it finally has the correct color and size of font, maybe it has the correct color of dial too. I took a 42mm to get it repaired today and the guy at the watch shop thought it was real. I would like to get a bezel and crown for the one I got from ruby tho :) the bezel is pricey.

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
I think it's as correct as it's ever going to get. They were really more interested in perfecting these last year. I haven't seen any improvements since. And it is kinda odd that the photos of the new 007 have the 'correct' omega logo on the dial, not sure that that'd really be true.

fifty6vette

Banned
21/2/07
Is it possible that the photograph of the rep is casting more light on the dial, thus making it appear lighter?

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
yeah, like i said, the rep is noticeably more grey than the other. Even this photo makes the grey a bit darker. When u see it in person, you'll see a stark difference, but you really need a gen next to it to gauge.

OH AMPTOR, gen Bezel insert will not fit on a 42mm (is that what you were going for?) - the diameter is a bit smaller than the saphire glass, so it wont fit :(

read this and took measurements off of my gen and i noticed it was like .5mm smaller than the rep's bezel. just enough to not get it to sit in there right.