• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO Date Disc / Wheel Options

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Many of us choose to improve our rep PO/UPO's. One of the choices we have is to change our date disc. I hope this thread will help you decide. ;)

We have three options....... rep disc, ETA disc or the newest 2500D Omega disc

Look here. (rep disc on the left, ETA middle, 2500D Omega right)

PODateDisc1.jpg

Close up.
PODateDisc2rep-1.jpg
PODateDisc3ETA-1.jpg
PODateDisc4OMEGA2500D-1.jpg

I think the ETA one is best if you plan on keeping the Rep crystal(The rep disc sucks big time. Numbers are too dark and fuzzy). The Gen PO's that were first produced using the 2500 A/B/C movements had the bluish AR on their crystals like the current reps have. This disc has the brightest numbers of the three.

If you plan on upgrading to the newer Gen or even the SunnyD crystal, I would pick the Omega disc. Those crystals are clear as is the Gen PO's that used the 2500D movement.

Ofrei web link to their date discs .....

Main http://www.ofrei.com/page1596
ETA Part # OME-2500-DD#8 $15.60
Omega Part # OME-2500-DD#13 $15.60

Good luck out there! Thanks for reading. :)

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Good info Q... thanks for posting. :thumbsup:

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Thanks for the info Q5, good to know that the new 2500d dw are available. I think they look great. I wonder are they available on cousinsuk also, I tried putting ofreis and eta pns in and got nothing back. Also tried searching via 2500d cal movement parts. It's like it doesn't exist on cousins. I bet it's there somewhere I just despair of navigating their website.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Thanks boys. I can't wait to see the SunnyD crystal and date disc installed. :bounce:

Shooter999

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/1/13
Thanks for the post. Are these for the 42mm or 45mm?

Anywhere we can get them in UK / Europe? The postage costs for such a small item is extortionate?

Perhaps a multi-buy, not sure how that would work though. If we got 10-15, then the postage costs aren't so bad.

I'd be willing to coordinate, as long as people understand that if hit by customs, that levy would also have to be shared.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Love the post, it's a great reference. Thank you.

On the AR, the C's have the newest "grey-blue" AR as should any replacement crystal you order from Omega. So it's entirely possible you may see a B or an A in the wild with the new AR if the customer had it replaced.