• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO clasp

eudora12

26/2/12
So I'm having problems closing the clasp on my PO 42mm.
I have read that it may be due to 2 problems, the wiring being bent or divers extention.

So my problem is, with the diver extention in, it is impossible to close. But if I extend the diver, the clasp shuts smoothly. I am closing it propely following one of the tutorials.
Anyone have any thoughts?

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Please take a few pics of the extension fully tucked in the clasp.

eudora12

26/2/12
485683_10151605528905727_502340726_24249130_1141108383_n.jpg

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
What is the Bracelet Diver's Extension for and how do I use it?

smp_divers_extension.jpg

Opening the diver's extension: 1) press on bracelet as shown to pop the extension open, 2 & 3) opening it fully.

smp_divers_ext_closure.jpg

Closing the extension: 1) critical first step of inserting flange at steep angle so it goes under the crossbar,
2) then fold the rest into place, 3) a little pressure and it snaps shut

The diver's extension is a portion of the bracelet clasp that, when popped open, extends the length of the bracelet by 3.1 centimeters (about 1.25 inches). This allows it to instantly change from being sized to fit on your bare wrist to the larger size needed to fit over the sleeve of a wetsuit. While interesting, this is a feature that is of virtually no use to anyone who is not a wetsuit diver. Though it could be used to wear the watch on the outside of an elastic jacket cuff in cold weather.
smp_divers_ext_close.jpg

One critical point to note when operating the diver's extension is to ensure you have closed it properly when done. The small flange on the extension must fit under the crossbar. Failure to close it properly can interfere with the main bracelet clasp--causing the clasp to pop open unexpectedly while you are wearing the watch.

eudora12

26/2/12
But my divers extention is closed properly no?
I always inert it at a steep angle and you can see that the piece is tucked into the lip. Am I missing something?

Elchichito

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/6/12
Q5? thanks a lot you just saved my life LOL, I thought that my clasp was done but it was just the Diver's extension which wasn't closed perfectly. Such a tiny detail for such a big problem...

Thanks again