• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO Clasp

thesis

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/7/10
Just got a 5th gen PO rep from Trevor. I'm super happy with this rep, but the one thing that's bothering me is that the clasp doesn't snap shut nicely with a click. I have to press really hard to make sure it clicks into place every time.

I could've sworn I saw a thread on this topic recently, but I can't seem to find it anymore. I've also seen a few other members here complain about this issue. Anybody know a fix for this? I took a pic of the inside of the clasp if that helps...

photo1.jpg

Digitaldorifto

Known Member
18/2/12
You can try to lubricate the clasp with silicone lubricant. That may help the clasp work more smoothly. I usually just press in the 2 clasp buttons when I'm closing my clasp. I had the same issue with 2 different 42mm PO's but never with a 45

thesis

30/7/10
I lubed up the bracelet and parts of the clasp with White Lightning and it made a big difference. Not perfect, but there's a nice click when I close the clasp. Thanks for the tip!

teamio77

13/8/12
I have the same watch from the same TD. What I did was to press the 2 button by the side when I want to close the clasp. Similar to how you would do when you open the clasp.

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
It is not only a V5 issue, but a Sead/V4 and all other version issue as well. The clasp spring needs to be bent inwards a bit so the mushroom pin locks in place better. You can disassemble the entire clasp to its component pieces and rebend the clasp so the two bars you see in your pic are tighter together. Lubing it also helps, pressing the side buttons while clasping it shut also helps.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
The cheaper version PO from Narikaa had a much better bracelet than the others. I even had to get a new bracelet from Sead cause the original one wouldn't stay closed.

I swapped the Narikaa one for the V4 from Sead and it's so much nicer.