• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO Chrono

mab

Known Member
30/5/10
UK
I'm struggling to find any reviews of the PO Chrono v2 with comparison to gen.

Any feedback on the accuracy of the v2 and/or links to any reviews?

Thanks.

Dudemeister

Known Member
15/9/09
If you are referring to the version with the 7750 mod with the smaller tucked-in dial @ 6, it's probably the closest one out there.

There are a few "flaws" to be sure:

1. The most obvious tell, is the sunken date wheel. That is the first thing that any one in the know will look for.

2. The chrono pushers line up with the 10 and 20 minute markers. They should line up with the 11 and 19minute markers, but that's almost impossible to tell.

3. The Omega symbol (?) has the dreaded "happy feet".

4. The HE release valve is also in the wrong position, it should line up with the 49 minute marker, not 50.

On a side note, one of the gurus here and on RWG (Ziggy or Francisco, I don't remember which) reviewed the new modded movement and gave it the thumbs up for reliability.

Other than the sunken DW, the watch is very well made. The other small flaws are very hard to tell, and 95% of the people out there wouldn't be able to tell the difference even if they were looking at the gen and rep side-by-side.

BTW, Francisco I believe, did a sunken DW mod to rise the DW near the window. If you can get that done, the watch would be nearly flawless.

I have one and I really like it.

PO_2.jpg

mab

Known Member
30/5/10
UK
Very helpful, thanks - that's the one.

Lay appears to call it a v2 whereas Angus appears to call it simply an ultimate - naming seems to differ slightly between dealers.

Lays write up suggests the happy feet have been fixed and I was hoping so had the sunken datewheel - the latter really annoys me and may be enough to stop me buying it.

But then I zee you photo on the orange strap and it makes me re-think as it looks great... :)

Thanks again.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Dudemeister, Very helpful reply. Rep points to you! :)