• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO Chrono subdial functions

megafrij0l

Still New
23/11/12
Hi guys, noob alert here so bear with me :)

just purchased a lovely blue PO chrono from Timeshop, the one with only 2 subdials:

IMG_0568.jpg

Its quartz, so there's no sweeping hand, no hands tick until the chrono is started, which causes the large second hand to start ticking, and the left subdial to count minutes. It works fine, at least for me.

However, I am puzzled about the right subdial, with two hands. I think the gen counts minutes and hours here which is not easy to rep yet, so I don't really figure out what this is showing. Is it just random showings? I think both hands rotate with the hour hand, so they act sort of a gmt/utc feature of another hour marking, but I can't get them to adjust independently.

Can anyone enlighten me as to the right subdial workings on these reps? thanks! I love this watch and want to understand it a little more.

Take care.

davylloyd

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/10
On the gen, the subdial at 3 o'clock combines elapsed hours and minutes, the dial at 9 o'clock for seconds. Not sure for the rep as I haven't got one (but wish I did!)

thedoover

Snow Monkey Ambassador
Supporter
Certified
15/6/10
On the quartz, the 3 oclock is a 24-hour dial that goes along with the hour hand normally. Since there are two hands, Im not sure what the extra hand does. 9 oclock is a minute counter.

megafrij0l

Still New
23/11/12
right, 3 o'clock's hands just rotate along with the hour hand. The question if anyone knows is if they can be adjusted, since having an added time marker can be useful (gmt-like) but in this case these are just set as they came on 'random' positions, not even fully aligned at an hour with the hour mark. Wondering if anyone knows about this...