• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO Chrono 45,5mm

ezragreg

Horology Curious
4/8/10
Hi,
I just bought a rep 45,5mm chrono, and find out that the date is not zoomed, which makes it so obvious its an asian rep. I wonder if I can send it to somebody to get it zoomed, and perhaps changing the crystal to a better crystal.

Any info will be highly appreciate.

=)

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Welcome!

The gen PO does not have a cyclops on the crystal over the date.
As for changing the crystal it all depends on who you purchased the watch from and which version it is. More information would help.

BADWIN BING

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/10
Hi,
I just bought a rep 45,5mm chrono, and find out that the date is not zoomed, which makes it so obvious its an asian rep. I wonder if I can send it to somebody to get it zoomed, and perhaps changing the crystal to a better crystal.

Any info will be highly appreciate.

=)

If the date was 'zoomed' it would be the surest indication of a flawed asian rep buddy.

ezragreg

Horology Curious
4/8/10
Oh Ic, because I saw a video about how watch with asian made have the date's not zoomed which makes it spotted as rep, but I think it's a Tag rep.
I bought the watch from ReplicaMake, the $298 with a7750 movement.
The watch works perfectly, A+ for Lay.

But, I just want to make the watch looks better.
Here's the video, and pic of the watch, taken by Lay before he send it to me.

Item picture.
http://www.replicaimagehost.com/images/ezil09j9eoqsktqe4bd.jpg

Item Video.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh9Aqulg8Xo"]YouTube- OrderNumber1979.wmv[/ame]

avenger007

Advisor
21/2/09
The modifications on the A7750 movement for that dial layout cause the date wheel to be sunken below the dial. There is a mod to correct that, but it is extremely tedious and only a couple folks have done it. It's probably not as noticeable as you think to most folks.

mwesten

Known Member
7/7/09
It actually looks like you have a pretty good rep there, pal!

The "zoomed" part is called the cyclops, as used on the Rolex Submariner as well as other Rolex models and a few other watches as well, but not not the PO:

gmtcycl.jpg

It was probably a sub that the comparison was being made, because, well, subs are the most repped watches by a long shot.

As far as the crystal, at that price it's most likely a sapphire crystal (you want this) and it should have a double sided AR coating. I don't know what you want done, but you could always send the crystal to Taka and have the AR coating redone, I've heard nothing but great things about his work.

bryanhayn

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
30/11/09
This thread is FAIL.

Hey OP - try comparing your replica to the actual watch...it's not hard to do. Not all genuines have a cyclops, and not all replicas have a missing cyclops. Weirdo.

avenger007

Advisor
21/2/09
Bryan, keep it civil. Another post like that and you'll earn yourself a time out. Play nice, kids.

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
I do not try to be condescending, but _my_ first move would always be to compare the watch with gen pics. Honestly, you can google them up in 1 second, literally.

But then, we all started somewhere. He was lucky to get a good dealer first.