• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO braclet sizing...

carnut

31/3/07
Hey guys- just got my PO 42mm from Andrew... wow.

How do I size the braclet?

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
sizing PO bracelet was one of the toughest one I had....at least for me it was....

if you don't have basic watch tools...you might wanna get one right now cuz you will need it.

there was a good post about sizing PO bracelet with some pictures.....let me look for it...hold on

carnut

31/3/07
Thanks. I did a search and could not find anything... working on posting collection pics now.

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
You really need a pin removal tool, a needle nose pliers and a strong wrist and a lot of patience. One you push the pin out with the tool then you need to grab the pin and pull like hell, but make sure you pull it straight out, the pin bends easily. It's a real mother to get out but it can be done. Then remove the links and put the pin back in a push it back in. I had to tap the pin with a small hammer to get it flush and then I used the tool to counter sink it. Good luck. :wink:

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
man...i tried to find it but failed....sorry :?

@Panerino: snielsen, is that you??? :shock:

carnut

31/3/07
Should I take it to a place like Its about time? or a Jewler?

Hyster

29/7/06
Any little back street jewelers will do it for you, avoid the authourized dealer.

I managed to hold the watch over a hard surface and knock the pin out with a thick needle and then pull it free with a pair of side cutters, flat side to the bracelet and with gentle pressure holding it tight, lever the pin out bit at a time.

If you are not good with you hands, leave it to a pro or get a pin removal tool.

Good luck.

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
have you tried to do it yourself though? why don't you give it a try first...

and if you can't...then take it to your local jeweler....

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
jiro2085 said:
man...i tried to find it but failed....sorry :?

@Panerino: snielsen, is that you??? :shock:

yes....indeed it is :D the name has been changed to protect the innocent :wink:

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
If I had not done it 3 times before...on three PO's... I would not have even attempted it....take it to a pro.... :D

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Take it to a watchsmith. Pretty much anyone will do it, just stay away from the "high end" shops. I went to a little shop near my work and had 2 POs done for a total of $10. You don't want to do this yourself, believe me.

carnut

31/3/07
Done. Guy at IAT did it and told me I had a great watch....

Also got a rubber strap and a new strap for the Monza.