• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO Bracelet

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
I have both the Black and Orange 4th version PO and I like both watches just fine, they look great and run great infact so great I wouldn't even consider buying the gen PO. My question is this, how does the gen bracelet compare to the rep bracelet? I was wondering if anybody has both the rep and gen? I was offered the oppurnity to buy a gen PO bracelet for a decent price and was wondering if its worth it. I don't have any problems with my bracelets but was considering the gen bracelet as I assume the clasp is more durable, lets hear some opinions.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Yes... the weakest point is the clasp (i.e: the mushroom part). The rest weights and feels like the genuine. No need to change.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Yea I considered that to be the weakest part also, but I have many other watches gen and rep with this same type clasp and never had a problem, of course if it breaks your screwed but I've owned a gen Omega for years and never had a problem withn this part. I wish the rep had a more sturdy clasp, its not bad but I never close it without pushing the buttons in first makes it seem like it willl last longer.

The gen bracelet isn't cheap about $600, heck I can buy three more reps for that. LOL

Syd

Renowned Member
3/7/06
Use your rep bracelet but just replace the clasp with OEM. It's only $98.00. That's better than $600 :D

poclaspbj1.jpg

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Now theres an idea, thanks. 8)

Very good idea because the rest of the bracelet is just fine all solid links and very nice pushpins and collars.

Does that include the whole clasp? Or just the part shown?

Syd

Renowned Member
3/7/06
sub4me said:
Now theres an idea, thanks. 8)

Very good idea because the rest of the bracelet is just fine all solid links and very nice pushpins and collars.

Does that include the whole clasp? Or just the part shown?

It's the whole enchilada, i.e. the whole clasp mechanism. Just DIY to attach to your rep links and you're ready to go. :D

That is Part # OME-117ST1580952

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Doesn't the gen clasp say

Seamaster
Professional
Planet Ocean

?

Syd

Renowned Member
3/7/06
andreww said:
Doesn't the gen clasp say

Seamaster
Professional
Planet Ocean

?

"Professional" is only for the 45 mm PO, not the 42 mm.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Thanks SYD 8)

Please PM me the seller weblink and yes mine are the 42mm

ttgmt

Horology Curious
2/4/06
This is a great topic - my clasp has never firmly held the wetsuit extension - and now, the buttons are beginning to bind a bit. $100 for a gen clasp is just the answer.

Thanks!

stratman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/3/09
I'm new, so that seems like a lot of $$ for a mere clasp. Are those street value prices?