• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO Bracelet Woes

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
PO Bracelet Woes **Update**

The much beloved PO bracelet has claimed another victim. I attempted to size my brand new Fakey PO bracelet with a friends small watch kit. Much to my dismay, the pin remover was not long enough to get the pins out of the bracelet far enough to grab them with pliers without bending them. When I finally figured out a work around, I was down 3 pins. Or was it 4? It's all a red haze of anger and shame. Oh well...live and learn. The PO looks good on rubber right? Guys?

My progression:
:) > :arghh: > :realmad: > :unsure2: > :crying:

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
tell your dealer you want to buy a new bracelet. you aren't the first to have this problem.

Mobius

I'm Pretty Popular
I got frustrated with my PO braclet too, so to prevent myself from cursing in front of my 6 y/o, I went to the watch guy down the street and paid him to size it. It took even him almost 45 mins to get it sized! Even he was swearing at it! LOL! But, he got it done without any damage done. Next time I go PO I'll get it on rubber!

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
i am not a watch repairman by any means but i did my 45mm and my wife's 42.5 both within 30 minutes. i started the pins out with the pin pushing tool, then used a small pin punch and hammer and needle nose pliers to pull the pins out. it was a little cheap watch tool kit i got from narikaa.

avenger007

Advisor
21/2/09
i am not a watch repairman by any means but i did my 45mm and my wife's 42.5 both within 30 minutes. i started the pins out with the pin pushing tool, then used a small pin punch and hammer and needle nose pliers to pull the pins out. it was a little cheap watch tool kit i got from narikaa.

Yeah, that is similar to what I got working there at the end, but I had botched too many pins to get the right number back in that I needed. I think I could manage the next go around, just hate I messed these pins up so bad.

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
If you snap one of the spare pin pushers that come with the tool, once you get it started out, back it off, put the snapped pin pusher in the hole, use the tool once again and it allows you to get the pins out that little bit further...;)

acharria

26/10/09
Some pics please..

The much beloved PO bracelet has claimed another victim. I attempted to size my brand new Fakey PO bracelet with a friends small watch kit. Much to my dismay, the pin remover was not long enough to get the pins out of the bracelet far enough to grab them with pliers without bending them. When I finally figured out a work around, I was down 3 pins. Or was it 4? It's all a red haze of anger and shame. Oh well...live and learn. The PO looks good on rubber right? Guys?

My progression:
:) > :arghh: > :realmad: > :unsure2: > :crying:

This thread may use some pics for the ones who never deal with this PO bracelet.
Tks

TheLoveOfBotham

28/9/09
Thank goodness I wasn't the only one to have this problem.

I'm lucky I have skinny wrists because the number of pins I destroyed meant I had just enough to put the thing back together.

Am I to assume that one cannot buy these pins separately? Do I have to buy a complete new bracelet?

avenger007

Advisor
21/2/09
This thread may use some pics for the ones who never deal with this PO bracelet.
Tks

Ach, I don't think I could bear to have a permanent reminder of my ineptness. I've now become "That Guy"......you know "That Guy Who Botched the PO Bracelet". On an aside, if anyone has extra links,pins, or a whole bracelet for a 42.5 PO, please PM me. Please. Please.

TheLoveOfBotham

28/9/09
On an aside, if anyone has extra links,pins, or a whole bracelet for a 42.5 PO, please PM me. Please. Please.

lol. Did you destroy the little half-link too? Goodness, I've never known a bracelet like it. Looks good, feels good, resizes like a b*tch! God bless Rolex and their screw-based bracelets.

Lemme know if you come up with a source for the pins. And good luck.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Ach, I don't think I could bear to have a permanent reminder of my ineptness. I've now become "That Guy"......you know "That Guy Who Botched the PO Bracelet". On an aside, if anyone has extra links,pins, or a whole bracelet for a 42.5 PO, please PM me. Please. Please.

Read the entire thread. My pictures are at the end. I, sadly, am "that guy". It's kinda funny now. I spent $120 getting two bracelets repaired!

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...al-sizing-planet-ocean-bracelet-41328?t=41328

robbnj

11/6/09
I must have been very lucky to get a POrikka that was not that difficult to re-size.
I did it with a paper clip, Vise Grips, and a hammer from the Dollar Store.
(and 2 shots of Jack Daniels chased with a Coke).
15 minutes.

avenger007

Advisor
21/2/09
Tommy_Boy has graciously offered to send me 3 replacement pins. I will update this thread when (if) the watch bracelet gets back together again. Also, the great Fake Master is watching over me in case any other mishaps should arise. I can't say enough about the generosity of this forum and its members. You guys and gals are awesome.

avenger007

Advisor
21/2/09
***UPDATE***

I got the replacement pins from Tommy_Boy and the PO is back together again. I still need a pin or two from Fakey, since there is one link that is pin only at the moment. This is not a permanent solution, and I'll have to keep my eye on that link for any signs of pin movement. Can't say enough about Tom and Fakey's generosity. As we say in the South, "Them's good people!"

jkwhyd

30/5/07
I had the same problem. Finally I took it to a watch repair person. He was successful but had to struggle with it.

I know Fakey had written about it but surely by now someone has found a better method.

jk

avenger007

Advisor
21/2/09
***Updated Update!!***

I remembered when I sized my SMP that there was a pin that looked like the PO pins for whatever reason. I went looking through my spare parts and sure enough it matched perfectly. A few minutes later, the PO bracelet was solid once again, pins, tubes, and all. Big thanks to Tommy_Boy and Fakey for the pins and moral support respectively. Pics will be coming soon, once I polish out some scratches I put on the end of the links. Thankfully this story has a very happy ending.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Not sure exactly what those pins look like but 5 will get you 10 Offshore can source 'em. Drop him a line and ask.

Col.