• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO and Saturday morning drive

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Couldn't sleep and took a drive. It's amazing how silent the city is 5:20 AM. And it's also amazing how difficult is to take a decent wrist shot when you're driving. I had to stop to take a proper one. :lol:

IMG_5409.jpg

IMG_5408.jpg

IMG_5414.jpg

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Cool shot. It's a nice time of day just before the world wakes up...If you don't mind me asking what model MB are you driving? :D

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
cybee said:
Cool shot. It's a nice time of day just before the world wakes up...If you don't mind me asking what model MB are you driving? :D

It's E200 (kompressor). Registered last year (2006)... but it's the 2007 model (it has the new style mirrors already). It's not mine, but it belongs to my stepfather's company. But it's in my possession, which (I guess) compensates my shitty salary. :D Very good car.

Like this one:
merc-e6756.jpg

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
after several car magazines, Mercedes Benz was voted the most unreliable car.

how can you drive such a terrible car ?

( sorry, my german sarcasm)

maxlawbr

27/9/06
I think Mercedes made the best well made cars in the world.

I like old cars, and drive daily a 500SEC 1982. Awesome car.

But tell me By tor, where do you live? USA? Canada? Europe?

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
maxlawbr said:

I live in Europe.

Mercedes voted for the "most unreliable car"? Really? Probably by jealous Toyota and Hyundai drivers. :D

I'm not a "car person", really. And I actually don't give a poop about Merc/BMW/Audi/other car debates anymore... I'm not "passionate" about them. Most new cars are all boring and soulless anyway. But I test drove lots of different cars before I picked this one. Volvo S80, Audi A6 (I used to own one) and BMW 525i... and Merc felt the most solid one. I have now over 40K on the meter and no probs so far.

@max: Yeah, the old SEC series was great.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I like it By-Tor. I have a 1996 S 420 and that car has been nothing but reliable and now has 152,000 miles on it...The car weighs about 4600 lbs has double thick glass and the ride just floats and best of all no car payments.. :D My theory with cars is to just wait until they depreciate into what I can afford...when the rich and famous get tired of driving them I wait around to pick up the crumbs. :D

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Yeah, the old S-klasse was gigantic. Much nicer than the new, smoother one. It's actually hard to tell the difference between the new S-klasse and the C-klasse. And THAT'S embarrassing.

I like the new BMW 7-series much better... although lots of people say it's ugly. I don't think so, it's one of the very few new cars that has some character.

If I had to buy a car for myself (with my own money) I'd probably buy the vintage and original Audi Quattro. You know... the model that Hannu Mikkola won the Rally WDC with (in the eighties). Kids probably wouldn't even recognize it these days, but I think that car had "cojones". The design is blocky and completely outdated, but it still kicks ass.

sportquattro.jpg

horologie_unitas

3/12/06
no kidding...my neighbor around the corner has exactly this Audi....as far as i remember it was the :

UR QUATTRO Audi 200 Quattro Turbo

unbelivable fast ! and up until today, mo car ever beats the Audi 4 wheel drive.
on a curvy road, a 1000 HP Nascar would get smoked by a Audi S4.

Sylar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/07
Nice shots By Tor. Its awesome to be out driving in he morning specially on Sunday mornings. But even better yet try driving out after a Holiday like Christmas day and day aftter memorial day, Its a ghost town.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
i can't take a good wrist shot in my house much less in the car. lol

Krieg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/12/06
By-Tor said:
Couldn't sleep and took a drive. It's amazing how silent the city is 5:20 AM. And it's also amazing how difficult is to take a decent wrist shot when you're driving. I had to stop to take a proper one. :lol:

IMG_5409.jpg

IMG_5408.jpg

IMG_5414.jpg

I guess you intended to show us the car, not the watch! :wink:

vdubpower

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/06
maxlawbr said:

been driving my 500sel 1985 euro for past 4 yrs. weve had the car since i was 7yrs old. runs like a beauty