• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Po 45mm Fear...

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
Hey,

considering ordering the Ultimate 45mm Planet ocean but fear its just too big. You got any ideas how to show me (with pictures) that i could wear it? here is a wrishtshot of me with my SMP which i cant wear regulary but it is ok for photos:

It's 16cm/6,3 - 17cm/6,7inches, depending on where i am measuring.
Thanks!

kinneyrhs

11/2/07
Don't have any pics, but just from looking at yours, I can tell you it will be too big, IMO. The issue with the PO is not only is it 45mm, the case, as a whole, is huge as well. I have a 42.5mm PO and the case goes all the way out to the edges of my 7" wrist.

I think the 42.5mm would fit you perfect, have you considered it?

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
It's not available with the Asian ETA but i will have to consider buying it :/

kinneyrhs

11/2/07
piratedzeus said:
It's not available with the Asian ETA but i will have to consider buying it :/

I see :? Well the swiss isn't too pricey.. but heck, if you want buy the Ult. PO in the asian for less than $100 and give it a try. If you don't like it, sell it on the forums! Its a hot watch right now and someone would be willing to take it off your hands...

rawbarZ7

Renowned Member
16/5/06
Picture One - where I think a watch should be worn - might be better suited for a 42.5.

Any bigger (or worn as shown in the second image) - will look like my girlfriend wearing it.

Wear it on your wrist, not your forearm - thats what I always say. 42.5 is just about right on me and my wrists aren't that much bigger. I just don't like watches way up the arm like that.

RB

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
More or less you have similar wrist size as me. Yes I agree that 45mm may be too big on the wrist. This one is 42.5mm:

dscn5161fy3.jpg

kinneyrhs

11/2/07
piratedzeus said:
isnt it 128$+shipping?

Check out some of the dealers... you can get it from some of them (brand9?? or epoch??) for under $100....

Patek986

28/12/06
Just saw my friends PO 45mm last night. It is huge and heavy. I mean big, big. I couldn't pull it off on my 7" wrist - No way! He has bigger wrists and it still looked huge on him.

triple-d

Renowned Member
5/3/07
I just ordered a B9---march special 175.00+10.00 shipping for USA.

Nothing wrong with a little extra watch on the wrist!!!!

jamoo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/11/06
I find it big, but not overwhelming. I'm a large-ish guy (6', formerly 267lbs down to 180) but I still seem bigger; I guess that 25 years of always being one of the biggest guys in the room gives you a little more presence, maybe?

Anyway, I was shocked to find that my wrists measure in at only 6.5" - relatively dainty. The PO 45 looks just right on me. I'm not so sure wrist size is the defining factor in what watches might suit a man.

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
go for it trust me.

The PO is great, its the perfect size for a small wrist, my wrist is small and the PO looks just right on it, hence why the 44mm pam's don't bother me at all in fact I think their awesome.

Now the 47mm pams too big on my wrist and consequentially I will not buy one. But the PO is worth the purchase and parade.

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
jamoo said:
I find it big, but not overwhelming. I'm a large-ish guy (6', formerly 267lbs down to 180) but I still seem bigger; I guess that 25 years of always being one of the biggest guys in the room gives you a little more presence, maybe?

Anyway, I was shocked to find that my wrists measure in at only 6.5" - relatively dainty. The PO 45 looks just right on me. I'm not so sure wrist size is the defining factor in what watches might suit a man.

i am 1,95m big.. tell me about being big :lol: :lol:

jamoo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/11/06
Yeah, that's big :) I'm sure you'd do fine with the big PO.

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
Well actually i have no idea what to do. the 42,5mm looks like the 45,5mm on takashi so i am not sure anymore ............. :x :x :x :shock: :shock: :D :) :( 8) :? :roll: :roll:

subzero1

24/11/06
piratedzeus said:
Hey,

considering ordering the Ultimate 45mm Planet ocean but fear its just too big. You got any ideas how to show me (with pictures) that i could wear it? here is a wrishtshot of me with my SMP which i cant wear regulary but it is ok for photos:

It's 16cm/6,3 - 17cm/6,7inches, depending on where i am measuring.
Thanks!

I think that "big" is the whole point! If it doesn't look big on you, then you need to get a bigger watch :p

I also think that it's easier to pull off on a small wrist with a strap, the metal bracelet tends to make it look even bigger. Here's wrist shots of both on my 6.5" wrist:

177645-1.jpg

new001.jpg

Ferrariman

Renowned Member
19/8/06
Don't be afraid of the Asian 42. I have an Asian 45 and the thing keeps perfect time. I have not had to adjust the time since I bought it.

Certainly not a crack on those that insist on the "swiss" mvts but I have all asians except one and the "swiss" keeps no better time than any of my asians.