• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO 42mm

Seifert

Renowned Member
11/8/09
Hello there.

I concider purchasing a 5th version PO, 42mm from PAM111, and I have som questions, I hope you can answer.

Does the PO 42mm have some major flaws, and which? I heard the 5th is the same as the 4th?
Do you have any experiences with PAM111? I have never purchased a rep from the Internet, so I hope you understand my concerns. Lots of scams, you know.

I really like this watch, so I hope you can help.

-Christian

Migge

Renowned Member
15/1/09
Seifert said:
Hello there.

I concider purchasing a 5th version PO, 42mm from PAM111, and I have som questions, I hope you can answer.

Does the PO 42mm have some major flaws, and which? I heard the 5th is the same as the 4th?
Do you have any experiences with PAM111? I have never purchased a rep from the Internet, so I hope you understand my concerns. Lots of scams, you know.

I really like this watch, so I hope you can help.

-Christian

Hi,

the so called 5th generation has a slightly more accurate placed Omega logo on the dial.
However it does not come with double AR, the crown and HE valve are a bit off, but NO there are no major flaws as I see it. So I will let the more "anal" omega fans let you know all the little flaws that you can spot with a loupe :D

Regarding PAM111 I have no experience.

I do have one source for this PO, send me a PM if interested. He is a trusted seller on another board.

Otherwise, you can get a 42mm PO from our very own Fakemaster. I have been told that they are of incredible value for the money.

Good luck
Regards
Mike

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
5th, 4th, or whatever, i think it is the "latest" version and has been the latest version for some time. (someone ass kick me if I am wrong)

Major flaws??????

what do you consider major? To some they are minor. To some the POrikaa is good enough/not good enough. To some the 5th/4th is good enough/not good enough.

What I can tell you so far is this, having owned or own both (but not the gen unfortunately :( )

1 Omega symbol still incorrect - still has the happy feet.
2 Minute hand about .5 or .75 mm still too short compared to the gen
3. hour markers still a bit thin from the gen
4. HE valve in correct location, but still angled a bit off from the gen.
5 datewheel font is a teeeny tiny bit thinner than the gen, but now in the correct location compared to the beginner version.

that's all i can think of right now. I 'm sure there's others but then, we are being extremely escoterical at this point.

I have the 111h as well, but not a DSN or a Little Hero dial. Those are the most accurate rep dials out there, with the LH coming out on top, IMHO.

Most rep dials have the top curve of the 2 on the 12 too long. Also the SWISS MADE below the 6 is too close. Some reps have just the SWISS just below the 6 too. Ive been told that there is a year of production of the 111 that had just SWISS produced in the gen as well, but can't confirm that anywhere. Most crowns are too thin too, and the crown guard pin on the reps sit too low and are not flush with the crown guard.

Seifert

Renowned Member
11/8/09
Thanks for the quick answers.

When I said Pam111, I ment the website pam111.com, not the Panarai ;) but thanks anyways.

It sounds like a great watch with flaws I could live with. I just can't help wondering, why the manufactures don't see those flaws, when they design and produces the watch X-P.

Miggie, i'll get back to you :)

bus_ter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/7/09
If you see Kay said:
1 Omega symbol still incorrect - still has the happy feet.
2 Minute hand about .5 or .75 mm still too short compared to the gen
3. hour markers still a bit thin from the gen
4. HE valve in correct location, but still angled a bit off from the gen.
5 datewheel font is a teeeny tiny bit thinner than the gen, but now in the correct location compared to the beginner version.

Am I right in saying the 45mm 'UPO' versions doesn't have these flaws?

Which is great if you can get away with the 45mm. :(

I started another thread asking if there was a UPO of the 42mm PO, from the replies there and this thread I've come to the conclusion that they don't. The 42mm and 45mm models seem to have followed their own version history. As it is the latest 45mm is a better rep than the latest 42mm.

If anyone knows more info about this then please add to the thread :D

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
why don't you use the trusted and approved dealers on this board? I do not understand you guys, this board has a lot of trusted dealers and the watches come from the same fab anyhow. :twisted:

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Nobody mentioned that the pearl isn't very good and that the bracelet sucks. Having said that, the 42mm is a great platform for applying gen parts.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Here's what kind of jumps out at me. I'm sure others can add more knowledge:

POrikaa flaws:
Pearl
HE valve position
He valve crown too large
Happy feet logo
Minute hand too short
scalloped bezel
Pros:
very nice bracelet
case more accurate (thin shoulders)
more visually appealing case/dial (IMHO)

4th/5th generation flaws:

pearl
happy feet logo
inaccurate case (wide shoulders)
mediocre bracelet
Pros:
HE valve correct position
HE valve correct size
minute hand correct size
correct coin edge bezel
color of second hand closer to accurate

It all depends on what you can live with. They're both great watches, IMHO.

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
KBH said:
Here's what kind of jumps out at me. I'm sure others can add more knowledge:

POrikaa flaws:
Pearl
HE valve position
He valve crown too large
Happy feet logo
Minute hand too short
scalloped bezel
Pros:
very nice bracelet
case more accurate (thin shoulders)
more visually appealing case/dial (IMHO)

4th/5th generation flaws:

pearl
happy feet logo
inaccurate case (wide shoulders)
mediocre bracelet
Pros:
HE valve correct position
HE valve correct size
minute hand correct size
correct coin edge bezel
color of second hand closer to accurate

It all depends on what you can live with. They're both great watches, IMHO.

I think the minute hand is still a tad short, by about .5 to .75mm.

The HE valve is in the correct location, but the gen's HE valve is "off kilter", ie it looks like it is too slanted. I tried on a gen for an entire afternoon and got some real good observations of it. I know of some gen. owners who might want to chime in now.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Looking at my minute hand on the Eta watch, it appears to be "about" the same as the gen. It is quite a bit longer than on the 21j movement. Doesn't seem noticeably different from pictures of the gen.

Also I think the HE valve on the Eta model doesn't look right because of the difference in the 2 cases. Like I said the 4th/5th gen case has wider shoulders at that point and the valve is cut down farther into the case. The 4th/5th watch would be so nice if it had the Narikaa case and the proper HE valve.

Seifert

Renowned Member
11/8/09
I've looked around and the 42mm with ETA, just seems hard to find. All the UPO are 45mm and the great 42mm are with Asian movement. The ones with ETAs are even with white date (black number on white background) or ... no wait. There are no more. I need one with ETA, orange bezle, orange numbers and perhaps bracelet or orange leather/rubber. Just can't find it.

huntr

26/7/06
I have 4th generation PO 42mm with swiss mov't and I love it. It's my daily beater since I got it 2 years ago and actually my 1st rep purchase.

Seifert

Renowned Member
11/8/09
Huntr: Where did you find it, what color is it and which bracelet does it have? Very interested!

huntr

26/7/06
Seifert said:
Huntr: Where did you find it, what color is it and which bracelet does it have? Very interested!

Black dial with orange # and come with SS bracelet from Trusty.