• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO 42mm threaded..

ajay16

Horology Curious
26/11/12
I have had my 42mm V5 PO since April...i love it, its as perfect as perfect can be in my eyes. However recently the winder has become harder to screw in, now im at the stage where it is completely threaded and wont screw in at all...even though i have been so careful with it because its a known issue.

Im based in the UK so can anyone recommend a watchsmith that can sort this out, iv red that its best to replace the pin with a gen. Would i have to order this myself or would the watchsmith order it?

Its running a 4813 movement.

ajay16

Horology Curious
26/11/12
Thanks, i did have a look just wasnt sure if anyone had sent theirs away to someone in particular before.

I did see a thread a while ago about a guy in europe who had pictures of his whole watchmaker setup but i cant seem to find it now! He did lumes WR all sorts.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
If you need to replace the crown tube, things may be a bit complicated.

A replacement crown is one thing, a replacement tube is one thing. Whether the tube is replaceable without machining the case is another thing.

Have you determined exactly what the repair will require? If so, get the parts and continue your watchsmith search.

Wiz is likely the guy you're thinking of and he is so backed up you might want to look elsewhere.

Hope it works out for you.

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
Speedy G just put a new crown tube in for me. Was fast and cheap. And I had it back super fast.

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
He is excellent. Very good prices on his work also. you will be happy with his work. Let us know how it goes. Thanks