• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO 42mm - replace movement

Shooter999

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/1/13
Hi Everyone

I purchased a PO 42mm with a the cheap 4813 movement. I did this as it was my 1st rep & I wasn't sure how things were going to go.

Well the watch has turned up and I'm vey impressed with it. After getting hooked on these forums I've decided to mod the watch by upgrading the crystal, date wheel, crown / tube as well as getting it waterproofed.

I've discussed this with WIZ & he like others on here suggest I replace the watch with a 2824 clone, as its more likely to last longer as well as being easier to service / mod

My question is, can I just purchase a 2824 (either Swiss or Asian) movement and ask Wiz to install this along with the other upgrades I've mentioned, or are there other parts that need replacing as well.

Apologies if this is a stupid question and thanks in advance for all replies.

jonnyknox

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
8/11/10
The 4813 dimensions, crown height etc are not similar to 2824! You will need a 2836 for this job. You also need to cut the 4813 dial feet... Also the hands will not fit.

I did this already. This is not a job for beginners!

Regards

Shooter999

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/1/13
Thanks for all the replies.

It seems that the most sensible option would be to sell this version & purchase a 2824 version.

Just gotta wait for Trevor to return from his holiday! In the meantime I can enjoy (& I am) the version I have.

deef3

Horology Curious
28/11/11
If you are going franken you can always drop in a seagul st2130 or a Hangzhou 6300 along with gen dial and hands. They are 2824 clones and can be found relatively cheap.