• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO 42 mm Black dial and bezel, white numbers.

kyejon

Looking Around
17/12/10
Hi everyone.

I have been reading a lot this forum and I have leanrt a lot about replicas. I´m very interested on a PO 42 mm balck and white and I have found these like the 2 best options:

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...-version-62565?t=62565&highlight=planet+ocean (very cheap, and WBK told me it will be available again soon)
http://www.replicamake.com/product_info.php?cPath=79_153&products_id=2367 (I hope for this price a perfect replica :))
http://www.1-pc8838.com/omse00257-planet-ocean-ssss-asian-4813-28800-p-9574.html (edited to add this replica)

So people, can you help me? Which are the differences between these three options? Why one is much more expensive than the other?

Thanks and regards and congratulations for the forum!

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Hi, the first link you mentioned, from stan @ wbk as is narikaas 'porikaa' is a nice starter and I would normally say go with that at that price range but in the past few weeks there has been an update to the 42mm PO and that is where the last two links you posted come in. The last two links you posted are the same model casing just with different movements in each. Either asian ETA clone or a21j in both those links.

You've a choice with this new PO of a21j, asian ETA, or Swiss ETA as the movement. Obviously the dearest gets the best Swiss ETA quality movement but
if you are just looking for a cheap starter you could go with the basic a21j, the case and finish will be the same either way. If you want the best you can get go with the swiss ETA, and get a supplier who will give you QC pic of your watch (replicamake and PC do this) so you can examine the dial for any possible crooked markers before the watch ships.

The new version has a few 'improvements' over previous 42mm PO's. For instance the logo has no happy feet, The bezel has narrower teeth, better lume, better AR, slightly better pearl etc. There are many threads discussing the new 'improvements'. Beware though even though this is the current best 42mm around some are still not happy. But they have been waiting years for a perfect 42mm PO and they examine everything for days with a magnifying glass :lol:
Hope you are happy with your choice.

kyejon

Looking Around
17/12/10
Hi, the first link you mentioned, from stan @ wbk as is narikaas 'porikaa' is a nice starter and I would normally say go with that at that price range but in the past few weeks there has been an update to the 42mm PO and that is where the last two links you posted come in. The last two links you posted are the same model casing just with different movements in each. Either asian ETA clone or a21j in both those links.

You've a choice with this new PO of a21j, asian ETA, or Swiss ETA as the movement. Obviously the dearest gets the best Swiss ETA quality movement but
if you are just looking for a cheap starter you could go with the basic a21j, the case and finish will be the same either way. If you want the best you can get go with the swiss ETA, and get a supplier who will give you QC pic of your watch (replicamake and PC do this) so you can examine the dial for any possible crooked markers before the watch ships.

The new version has a few 'improvements' over previous 42mm PO's. For instance the logo has no happy feet, The bezel has narrower teeth, better lume, better AR, slightly better pearl etc. There are many threads discussing the new 'improvements'. Beware though even though this is the current best 42mm around some are still not happy. But they have been waiting years for a perfect 42mm PO and they examine everything for days with a magnifying glass :lol:
Hope you are happy with your choice.

Thanks a lot!! I´m going to order the last one from PC. I´ll try to post pictures!

Regards.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
I'm not a firm believer that any of these will come with a genuine Swiss movement, but the last one is interesting. I own the ETA clone and it is great knowing that I have that movement in there. I may pick up the high beat 21j like the one you are buying one day as well it is very nice.

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
Two comments on Josh's watch
1) There's a thread here that many "swiss" ETAs were actually clones for which people were charged more. I do not know if this was an issue with Josh, so don't intend to spam him directly.
2) The 4813 movement from Josh is an "overclocked" 2813 that made it less reliable. Any rep can fail (happened to a guy on RG), but anyone know if the quality of these modded movements has been an issue? I'm going to hold off for now and wait for more reviews. The Gen POs beat at 7/min not 6 like a standard 21J or 8, so 6 bpm isn't really that far off.