• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO 42 gen bezel inserts

iamdudi

Known Member
19/3/11
where in the world do you get these? none on ebay for a few weeks now. the ofrei option for full bezel is fairly expensive - $250~ considering we only need the insert. surely someone knows a trick where to get them.

wholesaleoutlet99 has a great thing but i want the gen one!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Omega does not sell the insert separately.

The only option is to get lucky with a used one. Extremely rare to find a PO insert.

Most have paid for the whole assembly or pulled the pearl off of a more common SMP insert and transplanted that on a rep PO insert.

Good luck!

iamdudi

Known Member
19/3/11
putting the pearl on the rep insert sounds like a good idea but wouldnt it be still too low as the original rep hole is too low

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
If you get an aftermarket insert from WHOLESALEOUTLET990 on ebay you will get a good result.

Here is mine

DSC01550-1.jpg

DSC01555.jpg

Check here for more details also,

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/definitive-franken-planet-91096

Many members have tried that kind of modification.

iamdudi

Known Member
19/3/11
this looks amazing! is this wholesaleoutlet bezel with gen pearl?

and to save a question - where is the best place to get a gen pearl?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
no, they come with standard pearls. gen pearls usually comes of used seamaster bezels.

check the ebay, they put bezels there all the time. Just buy a scratched one as not to pay a lot cause you will get the pearl only...

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
I actually found and bought a used genuine 42mm PO bezel from the UK 2 weeks ago on eBay.

I installed it on my franken last week. If you keep looking you will evetually find one :)

461a4de5-eab8-d10c.jpg

461a4de5-eccc-216b.jpg

Before I went gen bezel, I had the wholesaleoutlet insert + modded gen pearl like Pap as well. I found a used gen bezel locally, pulled the pearl out and installed it onto the wholesaleoutlet insert. Looked great... the pearls are a little low on the wholesaleoutlet inserts but because the pearls are smaller on these inserts as well, you can "raise" the hole when enlarging the hole for the gen pearl. It's comes out perfect :)

461a4de5-eb0f-403e.jpg

461a4de5-ecaa-e776.jpg