• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Please post if there is any

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
hey hii fellow forumers!

Today is my birthday and I have a simple request:
Anyone has purchased already the OMEGA SMP 300m Blue 2008 updated version?
Could you post pictures or link to this specific model? because im such a sucker for this watch and I want to see how it really looks like before i purchase from these sites..

thanks so much!

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
Happy birthday mate, and WELCOME :D

I had one of these - nice little watch

hmmm - you do mean this one, right?

omegaSMP.jpg

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
Uhm my bad, i meant the chronograph version my friend! hehe thanks for the greetings

like this one
22258000-20.png

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
uhmm yeah I already checked that one before and the 2008 model is different now from that of By-tor and thats why I wanted to see if anyone bought the 2008 updated Rep version.

shandroid

13/9/10
There was a GORGEOUS franken being sold recently.... I'll try find the thread for you bud... :)

Watch this space...

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
Last night i almost pulled the trigger on a sm 300m chrono but it has a cheap feel to it! i really want to see what this new sm 300m blue 2008 version looks like.. what i got in my hand last night had a greenish hour marker, does the best old version rep of this watch has this type of hour marker or it is whitish? please chime in guys before i might buy a bad copy.

and! and! when I press the first crown pusher, the second hand makes 1 revolution and then starts this quartz like movement, what type of movement is this? because I might buy this NOT SO PERFECT rep LOL.. HELP!=)

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
Ah I get it now guys, the watch is nearing 200gms in weight and it should be tall to accommodate the auto chrono mov't..tsk I'm desperate for this..really.. seen a sub with a ceramic bezel last night and a DSSD too..dammnn they were too good.. almost bought it! LOL

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
yeah yeah it was a quartz rep, not like the Ultimate version REP that the subdial at 9 is turning by it self automatically and the second hand is at 12 and remains stationary when not in use..right? It was horrible looking too..tsk tsk.. hmmm

shandroid

13/9/10
Review here for Lay

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9102

Lays link to the watch, (trusted dealer)

http://www.replicamake.com/product_info.php?cPath=79_153&products_id=1997

Tony's link to the watch,

http://www.asian7750.com/cn/product_show.asp?big_pid=&ps_id=103&P_id=453&ti=

Same price, same watch - so i'd stick with the trusted dealer....

Not familiar with this watch... I got this from the Omega Sub forum....

Omega Seamaster Chronograph "James Bond" Asian 7750 (new 28.800 bph) movement
ttk_smp.jpg

It's finally here! Actually this one could go straight on the top of this list as well. The rep is just as good as we hoped for... and more. Excellent dial, pearl, hands and overall construction with the new Asian 28bph movement. Perfect Subdial spacing due to the basic 7750-design on the genuine. Life is good.

The only flaw with this watch is the bracelet construction (it uses screws insted of pins to resize) but I find this a minor annoyance. The bezel is misaligned too... and it's not as easy to fix as it used to be on the other Seamaster reps as the bezel is tightly attached. This watch also comes with two datefonts: With the standard Asian 7750-datefont and the one that mimics the ETA datefont perfectly. As usual I got lucky with my watch (from EL), but looks like all the current versions have the standard Asian 7750 datewheel.

NOTE: There's a new version of the SMP Chrono available. It comes with the red OMEGA lettering on the dial, and hand "tips" have more "pinkish" red color. These changes mimic the new gen version. According to the first reports the new rep isn't as accurate as old (as the OMEGA lettering seems to be inaccurate).

MEMBER REVIEWS
My tribute to SMP Chrono, one of the most accurate reps ever. Read the article.
My comparative review of Seamaster Chronograph vs. TAG Link Chronograph is HERE.

Toadtorrent's awesome article of this rep is HERE.