• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Please help! I have a AP millenary and the nob came off and I can only set the time backwards!

erockz

Known Member
7/4/21
So I have an AP millenary and I dont know anything about the movement and I dont want to break it, it seems I can only set the time going backwards, and the nob is lose, I thought I lost it but it was in my room

so now how can I find out how to set the time correct or do something correctly and not break t

Dohdoh

Renowned Member
30/10/13
So I have an AP millenary and I dont know anything about the movement and I dont want to break it, it seems I can only set the time going backwards, and the nob is lose, I thought I lost it but it was in my room

so now how can I find out how to set the time correct or do something correctly and not break t
With nob you probably mean the crown? If you turn it into the opposite direction will it come off? Relax, if it's only a loose crown it's a super easy fix. That only means that the crown needs to be screwed back on the stem tightly

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
Sounds like a noob has a nob problem.

Most likely your nob which is the crown is loose.

Winni1611

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
15/10/22
Germany
When you screw it on put some glue on the stem (just a little drop) Otherwise ist will become loose again.

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
[...] it seems I can only set the time going backwards [...]

It's a sign, you now have one of those rare magical watches that allow you to go back in time - the future remains hidden though.

Joking aside, to fix this properly one should remove the stem, screw the crown back on and put it all back. Since you say nob instead of crown I would assume that it is probably best to leave this to the capable hands of a watchmaker to avoid to disturb the keyless works. Should be a 5 minute job if nothing else is broken.

Reactions: eBoy

RDRoss

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
If it is simply the crown that has come loose, try a drop of glue on the top of the stem applied very carefully so as not to “gum up the works”. If your model happens to have a sapphire cabochon on it and that is what has come loose, once again a small drop of glue should fix it right up.
Now, the crown and stem have come completely loose and can be pulled all the way out, you likely have a keyless issue and will need to see a watchmaker to reset it for you.

Just a few ideas.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
A noob with a knob problem who spells it "nob" is a newb one, I mean a new one...

All kidding aside, do you guys think it's really such a good idea for someone, who doesn't know that the thing is called a "crown", to be messing around with glue on the stem and the crown?

Sounds a bit dangerous to me. 😅

@erockz, I'd better bring it to a watchmaker instead... Unless, of course, you feel comfortable gluing it back on yourself. If so, then by all means, have a go at it. 😉

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
if you don't know the name of the thing, don't try to fix it 😱

A watchmaker will repair it. He should not even have to open the case for that hopefully so he won't be fussy.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
It's an easy fix that a nob, I mean, noob can definitely screw up. The stem needs to be removed, Loctite added to the tip of the stem, and then tighten the crown onto the stem.