• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean - What's wrong with it?

allergictobees

Horology Curious
30/8/11
here are some images of my new PO - what are the glaring inaccuracies to this piece? Any advice to clean it up make it more accurate? Thanks everyone!

pandersson

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/10/10
EU
The carbon dial was only for the Quantum Of Solace edition...

malfietor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/11
From others opinions of this particular watch besides the dial being from QoS, the bracelet looking like it says Seamastei, but most were favorable with it being a decent watch.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Its a mess, send it back and spend a $100 and get a almost accurate one. Or keep it and feel silly.

Grand Sport

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/8/11
It doesn't look accurate at all. Is that the cheapo one? Its edges are too rounded, the adjustment pin shouldn't be recessed like it is, carbon dial is wrong.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
As a Fantasy model.
It is perfect.

allergictobees

Horology Curious
30/8/11
It is in fact the cheapo model... It ran me $29 bucks and I'm just curious would it be worth it to send that back or simply keep a hold of it as my first rep ever and just invest more wisely in the future? Perhaps when I consider making a purchase in the future I should post images before throwing my money away as opposed to after the fact? hahaha it's a learning process and for $29 bucks I guess it's a small lesson learned for a crappy rep.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Sell it to one of your friends cheap and move on. It would cost too much to send it back to China.

sempire

Known Member
18/8/11
It is in fact the cheapo model... It ran me $29 bucks and I'm just curious would it be worth it to send that back or simply keep a hold of it as my first rep ever and just invest more wisely in the future? Perhaps when I consider making a purchase in the future I should post images before throwing my money away as opposed to after the fact? hahaha it's a learning process and for $29 bucks I guess it's a small lesson learned for a crappy rep.

Depends on your budget. $29 isn't going to get you anything spectacular. Try adding another $200-$300 on top of that to get something decent or good, and then double that at the minimum for mods..

allergictobees

Horology Curious
30/8/11
Sell it to one of your friends cheap and move on. It would cost too much to send it back to China.

I figured for $29 dollars it's a decent daily watch... Lesson learned to do research before hand but when I saw it was only $29 on sale I almost immediately pulled the trigger it being my first rep and all... I'm already in talks with a member in a different forum regarding a gorgeous PO chrono and he provided links to reviews on the rep and it's almost identical and he's willing to let it go for less then he paid since it's used. Plus he's a US seller so I'll receive it in 2 days :)

automatics

4/11/10

Who cares if it doesn't look real.
the price alone should tell you that.

whatever the case its a CRAPLOAD of watch/metal for $29.
Even some Casios/Timex's couldn't look half as good at the same price.

You have no reason to send it back.
Nor does the seller have any reason to take it back.

you paid $29 bucks
probably got $59 worth of watch.
you're on the winning end here.

no point posting pictures waiting ppl to spoonfeed you the differences.
especially for low-end reps.
those are a waste of time for everyone.

the diff btw gen & rep
are for you to research & understand on your own.

when people post QC pics.
it's only for others to critique QC failures.
(e.g. something falling off/scratched/dirtied up)
Or perhaps some difference from what was advertised.
(As opposed to difference from gen)

resemblance to gen is not the reason for QC pics.
that should be done on your own
before pulling the trigger on any watch.

there is no 1:1, but some do come close.
browse around.
stick around, and you'll find a universe of knowledge to pick up on.

Enjoy! :)

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
I'm gonna agree with KBH and automatics, its a cheap watch and of course for the price paid well you see what you get. But really the seller sent what was pictured and you bought it, so unless theres a problem with the watch and it doesn't seem there is your probably stuck with it.

F it, keep it, give it away, clean the cat box while wearing it, whatever, but don't expect the seller to accept returns just because you or me dont like the looks.

Sounds like your on your way to a better rep so good for you. Lessoned learned. But also consider others myself included have spent much much more and ended up with a broken, faulty, or wrong watch, happens all the time. So really if you got a good working watch, even if not perfect in looks, your already ahead of alot of other guys who are pissed and waiting for a another shipment of the watch they wanted.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State

Plenty of good advice in this thread, IMO.

I will spend $31 to send a 21J movement to a modder.

You got the whole watch for $29.

Keep it, dump it. Either way, it is the price of a dinner. No big deal. Move on and find a better watch.

Enjoy!