• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean V5 42mm and Ceramic version dial question

Robert1

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/4/12
Hi!
I just want to know if Gen and Rep versions of these two models of PO Seamaster have black MATTE dial.
I think the latest ceramic (both rep and gen) does have it but I don't know about the old version 42mm.

Here the photos of the two version I'm interested.

Robert1

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/4/12
And also another question: 42mm "V5 PO"="Ultimate PO"?

kingsen87

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/1/13
And also another question: the "V5 PO" is the "Ultimate PO"?
V5 PO = Version 5th Planet Ocean. It can be 42mm or 45mm(i think so) but usually its for 42mm. The 45mm usually is label as Ultimate Planet Ocean.

So usually when people say UPO , it stands for 45mm ultimate planet ocean.

But recently there is a new Ceramic version, I don't see any names for that yet, maybe only CrPo (stands for Ceramic Planet Ocean)

The significant difference between Crpo and V5 PO / UPO is mainly the see through case back and ceramic bezel. Other difference is the clasp and bracelet but for novice like me, I doubt I can differentiate it as much as other omega experts in RWI.

This forum has substantial of knowledge to be absorbed , absolutely the best place to learn ! :cheers:

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
There is actually quite a difference between the two models as stated above. Some of the other differences are

Lume on the new CrPO the lume is colored like gen. Meaning the minute hand and the pearl are green where as the hour markers are more of a blueish color. On the UPO they are the same green color.

12,9,6, markers are also different between the two models on the CrPO they are raised seems like they are stamped out of metal. On the UPO they are painted on. Same thing with the word Omega, on the CrPO it is stamped and the UPO it is painted.

Bracelets are also different the UPO uses the dreaded push pin system where the CrPO uses a pin held by two small screws on the outsides.

I am sure I am missing some things but side by side they are worlds apart IMO.

In your pictures, the one on the left would be the equivalent to a 45mm UPO. Although the picture you posted is a gen or a really nice franken. The picture on the right is the equivalent to the CrPO (Also a gen picture) 45.5mm I think by the beveled date window.

Robert1

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/4/12
Recap

Thanks for the replies.. Yes I've posted Gen pictures for show the versions I'm interested..
However I was wrong.. I'm interested in 42mm version of both.

I search in the forum and I think is better I buy the old no-ceramic PO 42mm.
So my questions are two:
- If the dial is matte black
- The latest and best version is the V5PO

If anyone knows please tell me :)

BaggyPants

Renowned Member
24/11/12
- If the dial is matte black YES
- The latest and best version is the V5PO YES

justudor

18/1/13
To further the questions, can we presume that the cheaper planet oceans at your typical dealers, at the price of around $150 are version 5 po?
Namely, I was looking Asian movements from perfect Clones and I think trusty time also had some.

Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BaggyPants

Renowned Member
24/11/12
To further the questions, can we presume that the cheaper planet oceans at your typical dealers, at the price of around $150 are version 5 po?

Yes, the trusted dealers like Toro and WI, have them. Those are version 5 with high beat DG4813 Asian movements. I have two, had three but sold one, and they are superb.

Robert1

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/4/12
Looking at omega official website I see that they build also a 37,5mm planet ocean. I've got a small wrist so I think it will be better for me. There is a rep of this? Only ceramic version?

Aesthetically it looks the same as 42mm:

DH86

Known Member
19/1/13
Looking at omega official website I see that they build also a 37,5mm planet ocean. I've got a small wrist so I think it will be better for me. There is a rep of this? Only ceramic version?

The 37.5mm is the ladies' version. I doubt there's a rep of it

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11

There is no rep of this that I have seen only the 42 and the 45.