• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet ocean suddenly stops with seconds hand at the 9 mark

TheCold

15/8/09
I have a planet ocean that I had for about 2 years+ came with a swiss eta 2824(saw pics)

I had it sent to finedd for installation of gen parts and I got it back and all was well. Now recently about 1 week ago I noticed that the seconds hand and the watch itself had stopped with the hand around the 9 mark. I tried shaking it and setting the time and all of a sudden it started and stopped again around the 9 mark, shaked it again and such and all of a sudden its work as it should :S. Worked for some days, than the same thing stops at the 9 mark! So now it seems its owkring for some days than stopping. I don't know what it is because it seems the hands aren't touching eachother making it stop at some time because its blocked by the other hands. One thing my watch had an issue with is the date, the date is kinda Off the date jumper so whenever I switch date its just like a flowing action instead of the jumping between the numbers, date changes fine by midnight but it seems that the date wheel is somehow, sunken? The hack mechanism seems to be engaged one time when I set time, the other time I set the time it does not hack(due to a improperly engaged when fixing keyless works), can the hacking cause this somehow? One other thing, don't know if its just me speculating trying to find a cause, but it feels like the sapphire is somewhat leaning more towards the side where the hand stops, can it be the sapphire touching the hand at that exact position? Nevertheless I can't really figure out if the movement is going bad or its just something else, seems strange it stops at exactly the same mark each time..

Any help is appreciated!

Cynikal.Mindset

Renowned Member
7/1/11
I had a watch that did the same thing around the 10 marker, it was the second hitting the crystal. So, this can also be your problem

TheCold

15/8/09
I had a watch that did the same thing around the 10 marker, it was the second hitting the crystal. So, this can also be your problem

Thing is it doesn't happen often at all, so it doesn't really make sense! now its working like a charm though, seems like the same issue like you had

killbill

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/11
I also had the same problem @9 marker on a 45. That was due the second hand pointing up slightly and touching the crystal @9. Just needed to straighten the second hand and now works like a dream.

TheCold

15/8/09
thing is it stopped around the 9 marker than at the 12 marker and now its all STOPPED and I can't even get it ticking again, maybe i should open it up and straighten it out, but its really a bugger had it sent to a modder all sealed up and eveyrhint and now I have this freaking problem