• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean Rubber Strap Install

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
Hi guys,

I'm having a hell of a time trying to install my rubber straps onto my 45.5mm Planet Oceans. I swear I was about to give up and pitch the straps into the bottom of my strap box forever, until I saw a comment about bending the bars a bit to make the rubber strap fit. I was just chalking this up to yet another rep issue, but it looks like it's common.

Can those of you in the know comment on this? And should I consider buying these spring bars from Panatime:

yhst-87306363192469_2163_277958081

I'm kind of at the end of the line with these UPO rubber straps....

Thanks in advance.

dan_j

5/11/10
If you have extra spring bars try bending them yourself. It worked for me but I was always paranoid that they would come off.

tracyl

22/4/11
I just bent some myself. But I have boxes full of spring bars, so I'm not worried about destroying them. Mine works great now, and never had an issue with them coming off. I even play sports in it, and never had a problem with the bars breaking.

petemoss

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/12/10
I had a hard time installing a rubber strap on a 42mm PO. But when I turned the strap like the pic below, it snapped in easily.
DSCN1667.jpg

petemoss

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/12/10
That one I got from Narikaa but I heard he was out of stock. Robert (t4D) wrote that
he has them for $30 delivered.

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
From what I've gathered different rep cases take different straps, as the lug mounting "depth" is different. Same case with the gens, straps fit cases with a certain part # "range". There's a thread about an ebay seller that has great soft ones for $35 shipped somewhere here that people have said good things about.