• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet ocean recommendation

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
I wouldn't get the "Swiss ETA" that the PO factory use. Asian ETA would be my choice.

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
Ya that one. I got a swiss ETA Planet ocean and the movement was not in good condition. It was dried out and had a very poor power reserve. I have seen other posts from people with the same problems. Personally I believe the movement I got was an old movement.

I got one with the Asia ETA instead. I gains +1s in 24 hours and runs very smooth and well.

And it's cheaper!

68Olds

9/7/10
US
Any particular reason to pick the asian movement?
A Swiss ETA may or may not be a Swiss ETA.
It may or may not be new.
It may or may not be a blend of Swiss and Asian clone parts.
Many Asian companys have been making reliable clone movements for a long time.

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
Both!

The one problem I have with the sub is that people automatically assume it's a fake. A rolex draws a certain attention. This may not bother you, but I like the PO. It's a good rep, it's great value from Trevor.

Pointless thinking about it because you'll eventually buy both anyway!

Itsameamario

Known Member
5/8/12
Hmmm I'm moving back to the uk soon (not as rep friendly as Australia) so ill probably be buying just one. Good point about the fake assumption.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
SAM_1368b.png

Itsameamario

Known Member
5/8/12
I see yours has orange numbers and Trevor's doesn't, is this just because his is more up to date?

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
That there PO is a $188 Trevor model. I have the Gen PO with white numbers already. ;)

Itsameamario

Known Member
5/8/12
Ah! Found it! One last question before I pull the trigger - are there any glaring tells in this rep? Cheers for everything!

ayubgantz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/9/12
Wot Tommy sed. We are so nitpicky that you'll soon find "tells" on gen pieces as well. Pearl not centred on PO comes to mind.

Yep, I've seen a non-centred pearl on a GEN!

Try not to focus too much on these tells and you'll love your rep for what it is.