• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean on the way... Opinions?

300kph

24/5/13
Having a few hundred dollars burning a hole in my pocket I decided to order a UPO SS/ Orange bezel insert in 42mm (non chrono)

I am off to WU after lunch but thought it wise to make a post before I send the money.

I scoured the entire Omega section here and while wanting to simply as "Which is the best?"read dozens and dozens of reviews and decided to order the 42mm largely due to the fact the Pam 299 and AP Diver I got are nice and big but I wanted to get something a little smaller.

Even the latest generation of this watch seems faily old. There does not seem to be the constant upgrading here we see in other super reps. Though I suppose the upgrades for this watch happened years ago when it was fully in vogue.

I asked for the most recent version and while its a bit of a leap of faith, Lucy has been such a good seller I trust her fully.

QUESTION: Can I swap the SS bracelet out for a gen orange croc?

If anyone cares to chime in before I pull the trigger I would welcome it.

W

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
Can't go wrong with Lucy, that's for sure:)! Seems like the watch to avoid still is the new Liquid Metal Planet Ocean - will perhaps become a super rep in the months to come, but not yet.

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
Sure, you can swap, why not???
But in my opinion - nothing fit "pumpkin" better, than bracelet.

300kph

24/5/13
Thanks guys! Yes Luth the SS bracelet is nice but I have real soft spot for the orange croc strap. There is a nice black leather with orange stitching that looks mighty fine too. I bounce back between croc and the SS on my Pam and it's like having another watch!

Did you get yours pressure tested Luth?

W