• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean Liquid Metal with Sunny crystal upgrade - Photos

Tagster

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/10
Hi Mates,

Last week I completed the crystal upgrade to my 42mm Planet Ocean LM. I ordered one of the amazing double AR crystal from Sunnydale, which by the way is a great person with an amazing customer service.

After struggling with the rep crystal gasket (which ended up on my trash can) I was able to complete the job and I made some photos which I want to share here with you.

dsc0431y.jpg

dsc0442cz.jpg

dsc0481ma.jpg

dsc0494n.jpg

And finally, the wrist shoot:

img2976zp.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

Cheers!

razorblade

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/12
Did you thrash the crystal gasket or the crystal as well? I don't see any crystal. :rofl:

discog

Known Member
9/6/11
Great photos.

If you lunatics don't stop this madness, reps will soon be nicer than gens.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Great shots here!!! The improvement is kind of big!

DMS

Renowned Member
31/12/09
Drool.....wow! This cheapo has really come to life with the new Xtal!

watch.aholic

Renowned Member
23/3/11
Looks great.....takes the watch to the next level...

Just to ask you, the crystal on the older PO's that Sunny made, will they fit on these newer Ceramic PO's too?

Tagster

22/6/10
No gasket mate. I ended up using Loclite UV and silicon glue to fix the and seal the crystal.

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
wow, what a beautiful dial.. congrats mate

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
No gasket mate. I ended up using Loclite UV and silicon glue to fix the and seal the crystal.

I think you should check the watch, crystal has obviously fallen off :)

Seriously, does it look any odd without the gasket? It looks stunning in the pictures. How is the crystal sitting, high or ok?

Very very nice pics, droolllll :)

And thanks for the compliments!

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Looks killer. Really like the croc strap. Brings the dressy level of that watch up immensely.

Tagster

22/6/10
I think you should check the watch, crystal has obviously fallen off :)

Seriously, does it look any odd without the gasket? It looks stunning in the pictures. How is the crystal sitting, high or ok?

Very very nice pics, droolllll :)

And thanks for the compliments!

Maybe the crystal fell off and I didn´t notice.... oh no wait!! It has a Sunnydale´s one!! :notworthy:

The crystal sits a little bit high, like .5mm out of the bezel I´d say. I´ll take some macro photos and will share it here in order for you guys to see it.

Thanks again for your help, advice and for that great service. Nothing to thank for the compliments, you earned it and deserve it!

Cheers!!

Tagster

22/6/10
Looks killer. Really like the croc strap. Brings the dressy level of that watch up immensely.

I agree mate. I always liked better the leather strap on the PO than the SS bracelet.

Cheers!

johnzalez

12/2/07
Man, the new crystal makes such a huge difference on this watch. Congrats on the upgrade.