• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean Crowns Out Of Stock

oldtools

Renowned Member
14/6/11
Greetings all, My PO crown is holding on by a thread, so I thought I would order a replacement gen crown & tube from ottofrei.com. This is the message I received:

Thank you for your order. Unfortunately, we are out of stock of
8100/3905w. We have more on order and will take about 3-4 weeks to
arrive.

How many of us have placed an order with ottofrei for a replacement crown & tube for our stripped out PO's? I guess enough of us have to deplete their stock!

Does anyone know what size tap to use for the new tube?

Thanks, Bob.

Wc0wS

Known Member
16/4/11
Greetings all, My PO crown is holding on by a thread, so I thought I would order a replacement gen crown & tube from ottofrei.com. This is the message I received:

Thank you for your order. Unfortunately, we are out of stock of
8100/3905w. We have more on order and will take about 3-4 weeks to
arrive.

How many of us have placed an order with ottofrei for a replacement crown & tube for our stripped out PO's? I guess enough of us have to deplete their stock!

Does anyone know what size tap to use for the new tube?

Thanks, Bob.

Did you try http://www.ofrei.com/

I believe it's a different site. If not try cousins uk

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
R2, what do you have to say? :lol:

1. The rep case hole is larger than the GEN threaded tubes so threading is not an issue.
2. If Otto is out, wait for it. :)
3. Order up some some golf club shafting epoxy from golf smith or use some good marine epoxy to install the new tube.

The cases may have changed, IDK. But all the ones prior were the same. Good luck.

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
1. The rep case hole is larger than the GEN threaded tubes so threading is not an issue.
2. If Otto is out, wait for it. :)
3. Order up some some golf club shafting epoxy from golf smith or use some good marine epoxy to install the new tube.

The cases may have changed, IDK. But all the ones prior were the same. Good luck.
Questions regarding installing a gen crown & tube please.(5G 42mm PO)
1) The rep case hole for the tube is larger than the threaded gen...so how to be sure the tube is in perfectly straight for the crown threads to line up with OD tube threads. And it is possible for the gen tube to go in too far OR not far enough?
(and what about the HEV..the gen is threaded and a smaller diameter too.)

2) When going with the gen tube and crown from ofrei, can the rep stem be used ??

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Katt was able to reuse my rep stem.

oldtools

Renowned Member
14/6/11
Thank you for your help! When my parts arrive, I will update you on the repair. Thanks again, Bob.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
You will not regret doing this.