• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean Commotion

CISO1969

I'm Pretty Popular
26/8/06
OK, so the hot rep right now for me is the "Ultimate Planet Ocean" in Swiss movement with 22mm bracelet.

I ordered mine from Brand 9 because of the promotion he was running and because he confirmed it is from the same factory as the ones from Trusty and Josh--same watch. I now see Trevor, a dealer who I think is great and has done well by me, also has them.

So here we are, where all of these dealers are offering the same watch:

1) Trusty
2) Josh
3) Brand 9
4) Trevor

Silix has a Swiss ETA PO with 22mm bracelet that is a bit different

Josh or Trsuty have a PO "Ultimate light" with an Asian movement

Brand 9 states that there "ultimate" is same factory and same as Josh & Trusty's.

Does anyone know if Trevor's is the same?

Hoepfully the competition will drive the prices lower. The lowest costing "Ultimate" PO Appears to be from Trevor. (Silix's id different style--so can't add to mix and call it an "ultimate" a name already associated withe the style from Josh & Trusty.

Any thoughts?

CISO

FLIP954RR

Renowned Member
10/1/07
Ciso-i have the "ultimate" from Andrew and I love it!! Compared it to the gen at my local AD and is dead on-imo.
Hope this helps!
Happy Shopping!!

CISO1969

I'm Pretty Popular
26/8/06
I guess my point in all of this is it appears that several dealers are offering the identical watch ranging in price from $165 shipped and including Paypal fees to $263 includiing shipping.

So what makes one watch worth $90 - 100 more from one dealer to the next--if it is the same watch?

I already ordered one in black from one dealer (Brand 9) , and it is a no-brainer for me as to which dealer I will now order the same thing in orange from (Trevor--proven record with me and the lowest price for this).

So what conclusions can come from this? I open the floor to discussion covering the following topics:

1) pricing versus actual cost of watch
2) dealer reputation- "buy the seller" -what makes one better than the next if product identical. What if all services identical including product--why the price difference?
3) other watches that may benefit us by open sales competition

Discuss :)

CISO

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
CISO1969 said:
OK, so the hot rep right now for me is the "Ultimate Planet Ocean" in Swiss movement with 22mm bracelet.
Mine came from Precious Time:
po45-08-640.jpg

po45-09-640.jpg

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
I just ordered the Orange PO Ultimate from Trevor.

I'll post pics whe I receive. Taka is right,, it is dead on! :D

Finally getting my Pumpkin! Yeah! 8)

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
Will go to the AD on Wednesday, if it fits my wrist i order the same day from Trevor!

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
Will go to the AD on Wednesday, if it fits my wrist i order the same day from Trevor!

who2R

Known Member
9/3/07
I got mine from Josh.....great watch and quick shipping.

Like some of you, I'm confuse why the very same looking watch (with same movement) can have such a price different. :shock:

Niko

Renowned Member
25/7/06
If Trevor's PO is the same as Josh and Trusty's Ultimate, then pound for pound it is probably the best value rep available at the moment.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
CISO1969 said:
So what makes one watch worth $90 - 100 more from one dealer to the next--if it is the same watch?

Nothing. The first thing to do in rep game is to learn to identify the different rep models. There's no such thing as "Eddie's Sub" or "Joshua's PO". There are just different reps from different factories. Most of the new dealers get the exact same new models.

I think the old saying "First choose your dealer, then choose your watch" is plain idiotic. I'm willing to pay some extra for non-dropshipping dealers but $100 is just ridiculous.

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
By-Tor said:
CISO1969 said:

Nothing. The first thing to do in rep game is to learn to identify the different rep models. There's no such thing as "Eddie's Sub" or "Joshua's PO". There are just different reps from different factories. Most of the new dealers get the exact same new models.

I think the old saying "First choose your dealer, then choose your watch" is plain idiotic. I'm willing to pay some extra for non-dropshipping dealers but $100 is just ridiculous.

exactly my thoughts , 100 dollar difference is just plain ridiculous

joe

nietzsche

Known Member
9/1/07
People charge more because they can, they charge as much as the market will hold. If they can get people to buy at a high price, more power to them IMO.

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
i know Belial2K sold his for 200 usd ...and it was awesome. I have 2 from RIVER....they are perfect...no flaws....no problems...still.....i remember Silix writing a big article about the fact that real swiss ETA 2824 are used...i am still not sure....it they are not asian copies.
and exactly...100$ and more for the same watch....screw that....

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
Just about to order, then the eta copy in "real swiss" reps show up... SUCKS

wj94

7/4/06
I have one from Trevor. Other than the bracelet problems others have experienced, looks and feels the same to me. He's sending a replacement bracelet this week I believe.