• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean Chrono sounds funny

4chan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/9/11
Hi,

As my other thread here says I, for a couple of months ago, got myself an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Chrono. I'm more than satisfied with the watch and it keeps perfect time.

But recently the watch have been making some strange noises when turning my wrist back and forth. Since I shower with the watch I thought it was water corroding inside the movement - but today I opened the case back and I saw nothing strange.

I also think the rotor does not spin as easy now as it did before. When I turn the rotor by hand it feels like it scratches or something. The watch did sound a bit before but I think that it sounds more now...

I am not familiar with movements or watches at all so I dont know if these movements starts to make some noise after beeing used a while.

I took some pictures (not so good ones) on the movement. Hope someone more experienced can help me.

I've got two questions:
1) What is making the sound?
2) What movement is it in this watch?

Thanks

Edit:
I have another 42mm PO with j21 movement wich I also opend up, and that rotor spins alot more free than my chrono-rotor.

2uerz1j.jpg

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
You have an Asian 7750 chrono movement in the watch. The noise you hear is probably the rotor spinning freely in one direction. Standard movements without chronos have a rotor the winds in both directions so the movement is limited and more quiet. The 7750 winds in only one direction and the other direction it will spin. My understanding is this was the design to prevent over winding. When the rotor spins, it can make some weird noise and can be loud. Hope this helped.

BADWIN BING

30/4/10
Correct. That noise pisses me off no end. I'm wearing a Pam 104 with a7750n right now. In a silent room and with a flick of the wrist it sounds like a babies rattle!

I'm done with 7750. They are problematic, noisy and a general pain in the ass!

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
Showering with a replica chrono..>>>

ANY rep chrono .....is NOT a good idea!!......There are simply too many seals that might fail and allow water in!!!
Ferchrissakes!! TAKE YOUR WATCH OFF WHILE BATHING!!!...How hard could that be...????

I treat ALL of my replica watches as if they are filled with a water sensitive explosive, and will blow my frikkin hand off if it gets wet!!!

And then I'll have to get my "tool" used to getting wanked by a right hander....And you know how hard it can be to get used to "strange"!!

4chan

15/9/11
Thank you for all for answering.

So I guess i should just learn to live with it, then. I did not know these movements were this noisy.

Then about me taking a shower with the watch is not a big deal. My friend left me a 12 month warranty if it would break, and he promised me it was waterproof. So if it's not - then i'll just get a new one.

rol_man

Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
If it's any consolation, I have a gen 7750 movement and it is noisy also.

4chan

15/9/11
If it's any consolation, I have a gen 7750 movement and it is noisy also.

Thanks.
The noise isn't really a big problem for me as long as the watch keeps on spinning as it should.