• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean - Ceramic Bezel

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
Hi All,

I've been away from Omega's for a while but want another PO to replace my first rep I sold a while ago.

Since I last looked at POs (when you bought either the UPO or V5!), the CRPO and LMPO have arrived on the scene along with a couple of other special editions...

I've done some reading but am a bit confused still and was hoping someone can help me clarify a few points?

I'm looking for the 45.5mm PO with ceramic black (grey?) bezel and orange numbers. Am I right in thinking that this model should have the transparent (display) caseback?

If so, the only versions I've seen have "ADJUSTE DTO FIYE POSITIONS" visible through the case back, which would bug me. Is this the 'best' version? Is this also the Noob version?

Also, I've read a lot about misaligned faces, crap bracelets and fading bezel inserts, while these seem to be older issues (associated with the V1?), I don't think I've read anything definitive to say they're solved...

Therefore, I am kind of asking "who has the best PO", but I'm hoping I've read up enough to avoid anything more than a mild scorching..! If someone can point me towards whatever the 'new' UPO is, I'll be very grateful.

Many thanks,

Alex

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
LMPO is claimed to have aluminium bezel.
My crpo bezel is not fading(i think it is not anyways).
I dont see adjeste dto fiye position neither.
Mine is 45 mm version crpo with orange numerals.

PPS87

Horology Curious
27/7/12
You have done your homework. The 45.5mm black with orange numbers is the ceramic one, its not by noob. Noob version will come out, but there is no release date known. The LMPO had some flaws with the dial (crooked numbers), but they seem a lot better lately and you can hardly notice it. Bezel fade is only on the ceramic one.

For me the LMPO is the best rep because of the looks, build quality and having a closed caseback.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
You have done your homework. The 45.5mm black with orange numbers is the ceramic one, its not by noob. Noob version will come out, but there is no release date known. The LMPO had some flaws with the dial (crooked numbers), but they seem a lot better lately and you can hardly notice it. Bezel fade is only on the ceramic one.

For me the LMPO is the best rep because of the looks, build quality and having a closed caseback.

Yep. Current crpo is made by BP i think.

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
Thanks Gents, information is much appreciated!

So I take this to mean the following:

CrPO: Real ceramic insert which no longer fades, no systemic issues with dial flaws, transparent caseback with no spelling mistakes, visible movement a 'tell', made by BP factory (therefore I want the ETA movement?)

LMPO: Aluminium insert (trusted technology!), dial flaws much improved, solid caseback so no issues with seeing the movement, not made by Noob either.

Is there an orange numeral, black bezel LMPO?

My new take on the situation is that there are good versions of both and just to pick whichever one I like most!

Cheers,

Alex

PPS87

Horology Curious
27/7/12
LMPO is by noob and only available in the black version in 42mm.

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
LMPO is by noob and only available in the black version in 42mm.

Thanks for the heads up on that one! I could sent some embarrassing emails to TDs asking for a 45mm LMPO...

Cheers

doubleohseven

8/11/12
CrPO black bezel has major issues with fading. I have used two bezel inserts which all fade.

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
Looking into this using the information from you guys, I think I'll wait for the Noob CrPO to be released!

Thanks for all the help

Axxel

Horology Curious
5/3/13
The Noob LMPO has a ceramic bezel, and closed caseback. If you find one with straight 12 and omega logo, i think its superior to the BP!

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
I don't think anyone mentioned that LMPO comes only in 42 mm size, while CrPO comes in both 45 and 42.
Could be worth to point it out as OP stated he wanted a 45..

BTW I tried too waiting for the noob CrPO version, but couldn't ;)
I bought the orange bezel, which has no issues, and will eventually get a black one later if the fading issue is resolved.