• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean Bracelet & Bezel Insert Question

beefjerky456

I'm Pretty Popular
4/3/12
Hi all, received my 42mm v5 planet ocean with A2824 a couple of days ago. I love the watch but have a couple of questions:

1) how many half links usually come on the bracelet (mine has one) and do gen bracelet half links fit as I think I need an extra one to get the perfect fit.

2) The bezel insert is not glued all the way round, so it has lifted - how difficult is it to remove? Do I need to remove the crystal to make sure I don't damage the insert when removing or does the whole bezel lift off?

This is already my favourite watch so if I can sort these couple of niggles, it will be perfect.

:cheers:

Matt_S

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/9/12
Hi there!

1: My UPO only came with one half link. Not sure if the gen links will fit as I bought some gen bracelet pins only to find out they were thicker than the rep pins and too thick to fit in the holes. You might be better off posting a wanted request in the relevant section, I'm sure someone will have one spare.

2: The bezel snaps off, you'll can see a gap underneath, put a feeler blade in there or something thin enough then twist and it should snap off. I got my bezel insert off by running a swiss army knife blade around underneath to separate the insert from the bezel. Not a good idea to use superglue - GS Hypo cement is a good choice and more forgiving as it takes longer to set so gives you chance to align the bezel properly.

beefjerky456

I'm Pretty Popular
4/3/12
Cheers Matt_S,

I am going to try switching the half link around to see if I can get a better fit and if all else fails, a wanted add it will have to be.

So you prized your bezel off and then cut the insert out from below? I will give it a go :thumbsup:.

lear2003

13/8/12
no need to remove the bezel, just place thin blade under the insert where it has lifted then work round until the insert lifts off, i then use double sided tape.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

doubleohseven

8/11/12
Bezel insert problem:
The glue the rep makers are using is not good enough. It does not tolerate temperature changes which happens when watches are sent by air mail.

1. pop off the bezel. This is done by using a thin knife, twist it against the case in one of the corners..
2. use a hairdryer to warm up the bezel so the insert glue slips, and you can easily remove the insert.
3. Add more superglue to the bezel (very little glue) and place the insert back on the bezel. Make sure you align it correctly so the pearl is correct aligned.
4. Press the bezel back on the watch

ive done this om my PO