• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean Bezel

Feuervogel

Known Member
10/5/11
Hello friends,

in the last month I´ve bought an UPO "lite" from a trusted dealer. The watch has an asian movement with 21600 bpm and I was satisfied from the watch ... until I held Omega PO gens in my hands.

The bezel of my rep can be turned very easy with less strength and silent clicks. The gen bezels go very strong and have sharp clicks when turning.

My question:
Do the very good highpricing PO or UPO reps have hard rotating bezels similar to the gen or are they turning (for instance) as soft as Rolex Subs?

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
Expecting a $75. watch bezel...>>

Hello friends,

in the last month I´ve bought an UPO "lite" from a trusted dealer. The watch has an asian movement with 21600 bpm and I was satisfied from the watch ... until I held Omega PO gens in my hands.

The bezel of my rep can be turned very easy with less strength and silent clicks. The gen bezels go very strong and have sharp clicks when turning.

My question:
Do the very good highpricing PO or UPO reps have hard rotating bezels similar to the gen or are they turning (for instance) as soft as Rolex Subs?
To have the same "feel" as a new genuine multi thousand $$ PO is a bit over the top, even for the degree of anality we possess here!!
Be happy that for what you paid, it turns at all..!!!!...But to answer your question, many upper level rep watches have very decently constructed bezel mechanisms......
Oddly enough, I have a recently acquired $39.00 Silix special PO that has a very nicely functioning bezel assembly!!..."The luck of the draw" often plays a big part in this area...
The more significant factor is how well it functions after a couple of years of usage....

Feuervogel

Known Member
10/5/11
Why is my hope over the top?
Good Rolex reps have a better "hand-feeling" than Omega reps.

On the sites of our trusted dealers you find statements, they have stripped down a gen watch to make the perfect 1:1 copy. You find "best editions", "ultimate editions" and AA++. Everything of the Omega is perfect ... until you turn the bezel.

People here uses a lot of time and money to make their reps more gen with better dials, bezels, bracelets and lume....

The modded rep can be in details better than the gen (I read a lot here about the quality of gen Rolexes) but it´s the first feeling which destroys everything. It´s the same if your next door garbage worker wears a 10k$ watch - nobody will believe him it´s a gen because the watch is not adequate.

So please understand my search for a better "hand-feeling" of a rep Omega when the rep flaws comes mostly obvious with a strong magnifying glass. We are discussing here flaws in the font, 10th of millimeters of displaced letters but forget the most important tool of a man ... the hands and fingers :)

I simply hope for quality differences from a 75$ rep to a 200$+ rep and hope the members here will share good experiences with me to get the most watch for the less money.

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
Have you tried removing the bezel, making sure there isn't any machining left-overs in the teeth and possibly bending/adjusting the tabs that act as a click spring up for a tighter click??

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
My new 5th gen 42 mm Po impressed me in this, bezel rotating is very close t gen unlike the preyious rep geneyytion

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
Yes, you pay what you get. UPO has more gen like bezel turn feel. But if it's rolex , it will be the other way round.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I can also confirm that my FrUpo (originaly came from MR) has a tight bezel and clicks close to the gen one...

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
My FrUPO bezel turns/feels like the Gen.
Can you post a picture if your "lite" version. I suspect that it is not a real "lite" version. :thinking:

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
You probably put a gen bezel on it, lol, cause you like that.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I kept the rep bezel on my Franken's.
R2 did his famous pearl swap on both.
42mm
IMAG0346.jpg

45.5mm
SAM_0267b.jpg

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
I'm planning to go with a gen bezel on mine....what exactly seems to be the problem with bezel roration when doing this...?? (of course I'd save the money and go with that pearl swap if I knew where to go to accomplish that)....yours looks great Q-5

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
If you can find a used SMP insert on ebay, maybe send it with your current insert to one of our modders. fin_dd, rsh, Wiz .......

It is worth it. Save your money and get a Gen crystal!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
R2 and Q5? showed the way! Many will follow!!! I did...

DSC01555.jpg

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Funny story........

Paparas puts a 4GPO up for sale. R2 alerts Q5 to snatch it up. After Q5 receives the PO he notices that it is not the 42mm version, instead it's a 45.5 UPO! Q5 Franken's the UPO.

Later on, Q5? sells a 4GPO he got and guess who snatches it......paparas! Paparas later sells off the 4GPO and decides on doing a Franken project with a.........UPO

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Funny story........

Paparas puts a 4GPO up for sale. R2 alerts Q5 to snatch it up. After Q5 receives the PO he notices that it is not the 42mm version, instead it's a 45.5 UPO! Q5 Franken's the UPO.

Later on, Q5? sells a 4GPO he got and guess who snatches it......paparas! Paparas later sells off the 4GPO and decides on doing a Franken project with a.........UPO

Now wait... who's on first??

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
See, we get all the fun.the guys on the Gen forum only tell boring stories. :lol:

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Yes we do get all the fun..! Our watches have a story!!! After seeing Q5?s' franken i was like, yeap i have to make one also, and so i did...

@Omega88, aftermarket instert with gen pearl... Not bad eh?