• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

planet ocean bezel swap

ninja

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/12/10
I'm looking at getting a planet ocean 42mm but can't decide between orange bezel and black bezel, now I'm wanting to ask how hard is it to swap between inserts if I ask my TD for an extra insert.

Thanks in advance!

ninja

Banned
20/12/10
can anyone tell me how hard it is to swap inserts?

killbill

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/11
I've never tried it but it might be difficult to do without damaging the original insert I'd imagine. I've read you use a hairdryer to heat up the old glue and prise it off before gluing the new one in place.

TheCold

15/8/09
Easiest way is to use a hairdryer than use a pair of pliers or a really thin knife and ply the insert loose all the way on the outer side of the insert(not the side facing the sapphire). If you want the insert to be in good shape when removing it I would advise you to take it very easy when doing this. All my inserts became bent and what not when removing them, but I find it easier to just buy a new one and scrap the other one.

From my point of view; changing the inserts from day to day is nothing you really can do without having a risk of bending them or such. IMO go for one of the colors if you don't like it you can always change it! :D

ninja

Banned
20/12/10
Thanks for the info guys

luckie

19/12/11
Just get two PO's one with an orange bezel and one with a black bezel. Problem solved.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Just get two PO's one with an orange bezel and one with a black bezel. Problem solved.

Yep, job done! :D even just get the cheaper a21j (dg4813) on the one you like less ;)
too much messing around removing inserts or bezels on a whim, if it had to be done, you could buy one watch and look for the other colour bezel in sales and swap them out. Hardly worth the effort as eventually the bezel spring will probably fail from over doing it and then you'd need a new one of those aswell :D

killbill

10/6/11

that was my solution :lol:
I got all 3 variants, black bezel, orange bezel and black bezel orange numbers.
Sorted!

ninja

Banned
20/12/10
haha yeah thats probably what I'll do later down the track, was hoping it wouldn't come to it though, will probably go for orange bezel first!

sawalke4

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/08
Once the old one is off, do you just glue the new one in? What type of glue do you use? silicone adhesive is ok?

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
that was my solution :lol:
I got all 3 variants, black bezel, orange bezel and black bezel orange numbers.
Sorted!

Best option, I can imagine having one watch and two bezels, ....getting ready to go out some night and saying to the missus, hold on I fancy a change of bezel colour tonight...I'll be back in half an hour just need to swap out the inserts with some glue and a hairdryer :D

I'd be getting the hair dryer treatment. :D

killbill

10/6/11
Best option, I can imagine having one watch and two bezels, ....getting ready to go out some night and saying to the missus, hold on I fancy a change of bezel colour tonight...I'll be back in half an hour just need to swap out the inserts with some glue and a hairdryer :D

I'd be getting the hair dryer treatment. :D
:biglaugh:
I tell the wife, 'no I didn't buy another watch darling, it's the same one, I just swapped the bezel over'
...to avoid getting the hair dryer treatment :whistle: