• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean 5th Gen Crown Problem!!!

Watchill

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/7/12
Hi all,

a few months ago I have bought the Omega Planet Ocean 42mm 5th gen. from joshua:
http://www.p-cls.com/omse00251-planet-ocean-ssss-asian-4813-28800-p-9574

Now the crown won't screw back in anymore, it keeps popping out when I try. The reason must be that the tube is worn off, way too quickly imo as I didn't wear it much.

Does anyone have had a similar experience? Where can I get a replacement tube, as it seems to be the only way to get the crown back in?

Thanks
Watchill

D

d4m.test

I've heard that this is a common problem. Many people go with a gen tube and gen crown as a replacement. Not sure if the replica factories will sell parts anymore. Go to Ofrei.com (US) or cousinsuk.com (EU) and look for the part numbers in the link. If you get a gen tube, I recommend going with the gen crown as well.

Or you can check the member sales here for parts.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Send it back to Josh, it'll be cheaper. ;) That's a 4813 and might need a longer stem if you go gen. If it were me, I would ask Josh if he can fix it.

Watchill

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/7/12
My preference would be to go gen, because otherwise would just delay my problem as it seems to be a general construction issue with the watch case...but if there will be complications with the movement that's another story...can anyone confirm that there are compatibilty problems with the 4813 movement?

Send it back to Josh, it'll be cheaper. ;) That's a 4813 and might need a longer stem if you go gen. If it were me, I would ask Josh if he can fix it.