• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean 45.5 Gasket Question

quiksilver6184

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/11/10
Hey guys,

I took the case-back off of my planet ocean the other day, and the o-ring gasket in the back was all twisted and stretched out. I would just put it back in, but I am worried that it will get caught up in the movement.

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement?

Thanks,
Neil

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Take the watch down to your nearest bearing sales place. They generally have every Oring in existence and should be able to mic it up for a new one in next to no time.
If you want a lifetime supply of watch sized orings have a look at the kits available from www.watchbitz.com.au, Offshore has several sizes of kit in stock but a small one will do a collector for ever. If a size does run out the size is printed on the packets, just grab a few more from the afore mentioned bearing joint.

Col.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
You could order a replacement form a dealer on your next purchase or try the Gen from Ofrei.com

I'm on my iPhone so I can't look up the model number. :lol:

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Here is the one from ofrei.com

Genuine Omega Crystal Gasket, Planet Ocean

Fits Omega Planet Ocean case numbers 168.1650, 168.1652 Price is for a single genuine crystal Omega gasket for above case numbers.
OME-298ZW2980
$9.60
</B>

http://www.ofrei.com/page990.html

quiksilver6184

7/11/10
Thanks for the help guys. What I need is the o-ring that goes in the case back, not the crystal.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Sorry it was this one .....

Genuine Omega Case Back Gasket, Planet Ocean 088NS5145
Fits Omega Planet Ocean case numbers 168.1650, 168.1652Price is for a single genuine Omega gasket.

OME-088NS5145
$8.10

Matt_S

29/9/12
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I've just tried to fit a genuine Omega caseback gasket for my UPO and it appears to be too small. I'm not being dumb and trying to put it in the wrong place am I? It sits inside the groove on the case itself? Or does it go on the caseback?

Matt_S

29/9/12
Nobody?

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2

olworthers

I'm Pretty Popular
17/8/07
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I've just tried to fit a genuine Omega caseback gasket for my UPO and it appears to be too small. I'm not being dumb and trying to put it in the wrong place am I? It sits inside the groove on the case itself? Or does it go on the caseback?

I think the gen gasket is slightly smaller than the UPO gasket.

-OW

Matt_S

29/9/12
That would explain it then. Just got to find the suitable size for mine now.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2

Matt_S

29/9/12
So does the o-ring for the caseback fit in the groove on the case itself or on the caseback? I put it on the caseback but it wouldn't screw down. Doh! :unsure:

I've had a look on cousins for a replacement o-ring but I'm totally overwhelmed with choices. I've measured the ID and OD of the groove and found an o-ring size that's pretty close - but how close does it have to be to ensure good water resistance? Is it critical?

:wyliehelp: