• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean 42mm in PVD

K3RRY

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/3/11
I havent heard any talk about this PVD version.
It looks just as good as the current regular version.
Can anyone chime in on the quality of the PVD and the overall watch?
If you do have this version actual pics would be greatly appreciated!

OMG11201_OMEGA_PLANET_OCEAN_42_4750SI2_ETA_2824_%283%29__38308_zoom.JPG

Pakz

Renowned Member
15/4/11
Looks like a PO 42mm 5th gen... Great rep with only notable flaw the oversized crowns.
Here the problem is that there are no Omega watches with this black PVD finish. So that makes this one a "fantasy watch". It's up to you to decide whether you're OK with that or no...
As for the PVD finish, on most reps it's quite good, close to the gen thing (but that means, appart from the few DLC examples, easy to scratch and hard to refinish, so I personnally avoid that, on gens as well as reps)

5up3rman

Renowned Member
4/12/10
hmmm i quite like the look of that.
how much is it listed for?
i would imagine the coating to be no better or worse than what you get with the
PVD style rolex's.

K3RRY

22/3/11
appreciate the input!

lay has it on sale; 318 reduced to 268

WatchnScotch

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/12/10
I think it looks awesome. I am in need of a PVD watch, but I can't decide what to go for.

ilyayef

31/12/10
i don't like the PVD coated replicas atleast the one i have is a prohunter and the feel of the bracelet screams rep, but it sure is an eye turner, when people see a black watch they wave it off but when they see rolex and pvd it's uncommon and my friends were interested at first with it, very few people know what a prohunter is and a PVD Rolex is a rare sight. I imagine it would be the same for people who know what omega is.

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
I really like how that looks...I think it would look killer with a pumpkin bezel.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Here the problem is that there are no Omega watches with this black PVD finish. So that makes this one a "fantasy watch". It's up to you to decide whether you're OK with that or no...

Well said, Pakz.

Um, OP, just say, "No." Please.

Let this rep fade away into oblivion.

Thank you.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
It would be cool to use this PVD bezel on a stainless case. :thumbsup:

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
there are no Omega watches with this black PVD finish.

And extrapolating that statement...Omega needs to start doing PVD watches, because both this and the Ploprof look fantastic in PVD.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I'd prefer PVD in a matte finish or DLC please.
hanghead.gif

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
FWIW, I have seen a gen version of this watch. The guy sent it to be custom PVD coated by his jeweler. Somewhere in South Carolina if I recall.

So it would be very much like the Pro-Hunter in that it would be considered a modified gen, without factory support/sanctioning.

I also think this ebay seller does them:

http://stores.ebay.com/Swiss-Watch-...d=225280530&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=1

Personally, I LOVE this watch in PVD. I was going to ask Fakey to make me one.

ilyayef

31/12/10
FWIW, I have seen a gen version of this watch. The guy sent it to be custom PVD coated by his jeweler. Somewhere in South Carolina if I recall.

So it would be very much like the Pro-Hunter in that it would be considered a modified gen, without factory support/sanctioning.

I also think this ebay seller does them:

http://stores.ebay.com/Swiss-Watch-...d=225280530&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=1

Personally, I LOVE this watch in PVD. I was going to ask Fakey to make me one.

was just about to say that, I have 2 customers in my restaurant that own watch stores and one of em does custom PVD coating. People like it gives a more personal touch to your watch.