• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean 42mm datewheel jam

Frostburn

Looking Around
17/9/09
Hi guys, newbie in the game here.

I recently bought a PO/42mm swiss eta from Andrew. When I tried setting the date, the datewheel on the watch jammed up and is now stuck in a position between dates.

Does anyone here have experience with this happening?

1. I could return it to Andrew (cudos for good service by the way), but this will probably take a few weeks.

2. I could try and have it fixed by a local watchsmith here to avoid going through customs/etc and save a lot of time. Problem is - I assume they probably don't have the parts avaliable in case something is broken inside.

I'd love some input on this!

Thanks in advance,

-Frosty

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Probably an easy fix for a watchmaker and unlikely to have anything broken. Also being Eta movement, parts are readily available.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Except its probably not an ETA and more likely and clone movement. Send it back.

Frostburn

Looking Around
17/9/09
OMG0003CSW - Omega Planet Ocean 2006 42mm Black - 4th Gen
MOVEMENT: Swiss ETA Movement 2824-2

What sub4me is saying is that this might be a clone, though Andrew is as far as I gather a trusted dealer who delivers what is promised?

Fakemaster, the jam happened when I was going to set the watch for the first time, but I think it was working up until that point.

Thanks again for your feedback guys,

-Frosty

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
I have no comment on your dealer. Other then giving it a sudden bump to see if things go back to normal, you know like in the old days when people would smack their tv sets and then suddenly the picture was better. Maybe its like that a littel jolt, no dropping it to the floor be reasonable with it. But really if Trustys gonna take care of it well do that, thats my advice. Not that you were asking LOL. 8)

Frostburn

Looking Around
17/9/09
Because I was traveling a lot, I never got around to returning it to Andrew to make the fix. A few weeks of use with jammed date wheel later, suddenly I notice that the date wheel has unjammed itself! :)

I so happy with the 42mm PO and already planning on my 2nd replica...

jsuperman17

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
24/6/09
where did you buy youre omega 42mm 4th generation??? what dealer did you use??

robbnj

11/6/09
OMG0003CSW - Omega Planet Ocean 2006 42mm Black - 4th Gen
MOVEMENT: Swiss ETA Movement 2824-2

What sub4me is saying is that this might be a clone, though Andrew is as far as I gather a trusted dealer who delivers what is promised?

Fakemaster, the jam happened when I was going to set the watch for the first time, but I think it was working up until that point.

Thanks again for your feedback guys,

-Frosty

The words are posted, but Caveat Emptor.
The 4th gens are much sought after for modding ("much sought after" means no one has them).
The same goes for the ETA movements. They are a commodity & it's rare to find one in a rep any more (unless it was NOS and got mixed in with the clones that are now used).

Ain't it great when a broken watch repairs itself?!

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Are we saying that the 4th gen is no longer available from all dealers including the cartel?

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I still haven't heard a definite answer as to whether or not Sead's are the same as 4th generation. Lot's of people have said they are. And they are still available.