• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean 42 recommendations

Craig88

Renowned Member
25/8/11
Hi guys, I'm fairly set on getting the the PO 42 as my next purchase. I've done some research and prices range from $188 to over $300.

Trevor seems to have the best deal on atm: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/omega-planet-ocean-42-mm-83754

His price is about $50 cheaper than the average price... I'm assuming they all come from the same factory so is it safe to assume this one is the same quality as the other ones going for $238 etc?

I'm also keen on the orange bezel one. In terms of flaws is it more flawed than the plain black one? I mean is the orange bezel maybe not exactly the correct colour or are the numbers in red maybe also not the same colour as the gen. I could imagine the plain black with white numbers would be easier to copy?

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
You should just get the pumpkin if that is what you like. The crown is off and I take exception to the purple AR claim. The caseback engraving is off but who will see it?

I own the black/white gen and see these new POs looking very close to mine.

slimslim

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/10
who knows about quality when it comes to reps. trevor's stuff looks good. it's likely the same stuff as everyone else. it wears great btw. the PO

navik

Supporter
Certified
13/8/11
I have a UPO 45mm (orange bezel) from Mary, i.e. watch-international, and the quality is amazing. It was my first rep and I was positively shocked about the quality. This one looks good from the pictures as well, but as someone already said, you never know with reps :p

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
I've got Stan's 21J Pumpkin PO on my wrist right now. I give it a lot of wrist time because it's a really nice piece .... and only about $100.00 !

Nephorsis

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/4/11
Yeah i've got the orange 42mm one from Trevor with asian-eta.. Awesome imo..

Craig88

Renowned Member
25/8/11
Ok awesome that pretty much makes my decision final then. Orange PO here I come.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Post some pics when you get it!

Craig88

Renowned Member
25/8/11
Chances are it will still be a while. Going reg airmail route...