• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pin broken in divers clasp...how to fix?

jbarry123

Known Member
3/7/12
I got a new 5th generation 42MM PO from Trevor, but 3 days after I got it the pin in the divers extension clasp broke. I emailed him, and he said he would send another pin with my next order (I haven't ordered yet however)

What happens is that the pin had a "cap" or "hat" on both sides, keeping it from sliding out. One of the "hats" broke/fell off.

In the picture linked below, I have added a red arrow pointing to the existing "hat".

I have now lost the pin. Can I buy this type of pin somewhere - from a local watch shop or online? Any other solutions. Thanks

http://imgur.com/r5DCJ

waterluver

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/7/11
These i am pretty sure are pressed in so if you know a watchsmith that has a press that will do it for u then u r in luck..it can be done by you with a hammer and it set on a anvil type support BUT i do not recommend that unless you have done it before

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
Put it together....>>>

And close the divers clasp.....Don't open it again!!...Ever...!!!....It's a totally useless function for ordinary wear uses....
I have owned several Omega bracelets with this feature, and have never felt the need to open one up .....:whistle::whistle:

jbarry123

Known Member
3/7/12
i never purposefully open the divers clasp...it opens on its own when taking off sometimes

It has also been suggested to me that I use a movement screw and metal weld

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
i never purposefully open the divers clasp...it opens on its own when taking off sometimes

It has also been suggested to me that I use a movement screw and metal weld

Take a screwdriver, and widen the slot between the two tined piece...Just enough to make the fit very snug when snapped closed....That should keep it closed....
Mine are all so tight, it requires a firm effort to deploy them...But I never do.....:whistle: