• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[PICTORIAL]Installing a case tube.

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Hey chaps, this is a guide on installing a case tube on my omega. I wore the watch and the clasp broke and causes the watch the drop on the floor and therefore the case tube broke. So today i just source a case tube plus crown and luckily the seller do sell the omega rep case tube and crown plus the omega logo on it. So lets the picture do the talking!

First you need to buy the tools to make the thread. So luckily i bought the crown at town and there are lots of hardware shop. So patience is the key virtue to do this and i been asking each and every shop for the thread to put in this case tube in the case. By borrow from them a caliper to measure the thread. And i have measured around 2.5mm. Plus you need to buy a hand tapping tools. The one that you can use it to manually tap it.

My case before tapping. No thread at all. I have removed the case tube by using the drilling bits and screw it and the broken case tube have been into small pieces of brass (i dont know how to explain it!)

And slowly align it and turn it to make the thread! Turn it slowly. U might want to put some oil to make it easier but i find that not necessary.

Done! U can see the thread!

Sorry i didnt take a picture for the next step but you gotta put some threadlocker on the thread.

After putting the thread locker, screw in the case tube. Im using a pliers.

And voila!

Thanks for watching! This is my first guide. I hope to contribute more. After my exam, im gonna do a guide about dg2813 disassemble.

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
ALWAYS dip the tap in oil or even butter before threading.
Great job, boy!!!

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
ALWAYS dip the tap in oil or even butter before threading.
Great job, boy!!!

Haha. Thanks Luthier for the compliment. After exam is complete disassemble of dg2813 plus oiling using moebius :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Great job. A mini vice would of helped you here, but I guess you don't have one.

Well done nevertheless. :)

trust_wrx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/6/21
great, so i need to do the same, and for me its my Pagani, im planning to install a Rolex 7mm triplock crown and tube, from Raffles.
I believe my Pagani has a friction fit tube. Havent taken it apart yet.

Would the process be the same if it originally had a threaded tube?
Can i tap in new threads over existing threads?

CHeers,
Shannon