• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Picked This Omega Up Over The Weekend

ArleighBurke

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/11/06
Was in New York for the weekend picked up this beauty over by Canal St. What do you think?

e36wchmstr

8/5/06
Hmm, has a nice datewindow. Band looks nice, is it a 3 piece or 5 piece? Any other pics, different angles (crown side maybe, dial)? The dial looks flat blue instead of waved, but that could be the pic as well.

Hellcat

Renowned Member
18/11/06
Looks pretty nice.......Id like to see some more pics as well. What did it set you back? If you dont mind.

higgy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
17/3/06
Amazing that the bezel looks to be correctly aligned. Rare for this rep!!!!!! :wink:

Higgy 8)

NaviChief

I'm Pretty Popular
30/8/06
The bezel is aligned perfectly. Great find!

edit: higgy and I thought alike and at the same time aparently!

ArleighBurke

Banned
10/11/06
More Pics

It set me back $90 for this and a decent YachtMaster. I must have looked at 1000 watches and picked this one and the Rollie. A good friend of mine has some good contacts there.

TripleHD

Renowned Member
15/3/06
Is it me or does it look like the HEV is higher than normal? If so, nice find !

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Nice looking piece. Looks aren't everything of course. Case is likely plated brass. Movement is cheap. Glass is probably cheap. These watches make excellent daily beaters though. They are also the type of watches that got me started in this crazy hobby!

Wear it well.

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
yes the HEV is higher and more "correct".

Second hand is a bit too short (as usual)
Pearl look nice
Bezel is aligned correctly
Crown is smaller than mine (more "correct")
Dial fonts are ok

The rest is too hard to see from the picture (don't use flash... ever !)

Nice find imo.. But like said, it's probably plated brass with cheap plastic crystal. IF the case is SS, then I would swap the movement/dial (the pattern is too flat) from an ETA one and keep the case of your find.

Seriously, it "look like" the old 2492 version.

ArleighBurke

Banned
10/11/06
Rep

For what I paid if it's not a rep it a great score. It sure is pretty though.

ArleighBurke

Banned
10/11/06
Rep

Let me ask this, Are there any really good ETA powered reps to be found in that area of NYC ?

e36wchmstr

8/5/06
Re: Rep

SammyJr said:
Let me ask this, Are there any really good ETA powered reps to be found in that area of NYC ?

+1 I REALLY want to take a trip to NYC, and if I do this will def be one of the stops.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
It has correct HEV placement. Congrats! You've got yourself a very very good rep.