• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pelagos or Heritage

sadde

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/11/15
Hi all,

I am going to pull the trigger on either of this two models.

Tudor Black Pelagos V6F/XF V2/3/4

Tudor Black Bay Red 2016 ZF

I love the BB red for its classy retro look dial. But there seems to be a lot of issue with QC ( hit or miss) , and the crown tube being unusually long.

I like the black pelagos for its no nonsense , beater watch for its versality , seems to be less QC issues , except for the sharp edges around the indices.

I would want to reduce the chances of RL in a QC process as its bad for the TDs as well.

What do you guys think?

didjital7

Renowned Member
30/1/21
The sharp edges on the pelagos are very, very, very tiny. All the pics are zoomed it like 100x

Reactions: sadde

MattSP

Known Member
8/1/22
UK
Both great choices but very different.
Well, the pelagos is certainly a modern looking watch Whilst then other very retro.
You will be the one wearing it you need to decide whether modern or retro is what you want at the moment.
I wouldn't really worry too much about perceived qc issues at this point.

Reactions: sadde

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
Having had both, I can vouch for the fact that you'll be happy with either.

The red black bay definitely wore smaller than the Pelagos but was a nice fun watch with the dash of red and went with pretty much any occasion.

The Pelagos felt more of a tool watch and felt a little bigger and chunkier than the BB. The lume and clean face looks incredible and it's a bit of a change from a submariner like everyone else has. I wasn't actually a fan of the adjustable clasp thing and it didn't leave a clean look to the clasp but I know lots of people love it.

The sharp edges aren't an issue when it's on your wrist as you won't see it.

I know that is probably help whatsoever, but I think you'll like whichever you end up with. Just make sure that the lume colour is bang on with the pelagos as sometimes they can have a tinge of pink or yellow, try to get a nice crisp white if you can.

Reactions: sadde and MattSP