• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Paypal goods and services

reppotato

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/10/22
Hi guys, there is someone who offers to use Paypal goods and services to buy my Legend modded 15500 blue dial. The only thing is his/her account is really new, with little to no activities and posts. I feel much more comfortable using F&F with the person as I am not familiar with the policies for PP goods and services. I am worried if it could be a potential scam (request refund, cancel payments, some sort of weird Paypal counterfeit policy etc). For those who have experience dealing with using goods and services, is there a risk for scams?

Thank you!

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Until the recently announced updates to the M2M section are implemented, which I believe will address this dilemma, among other issues, we all need to use our good judgment.

First of all, don't do it as a backdoor deal. If it's not already listed in M2M, put it in there as a reserved sale, if you decide to go forward with it, that is.

Now, I do understand your primary question is whether to even sell or not to sell. The problem is, nobody can make that decision for you. I can only tell you what I would personally do: If the potential buyer has 0 posts and their account is a few days old, and my item for sale is worth more than $200, I would simply not sell to that person. Period. Neither through F&F nor G&S. But that's just me...

Your call!

Like I said, please no backdoor deal! That's a really bad idea.

Ultimately, you decide that as well, but you will be on your own and you won't get any assistance from RWI staff if something goes wrong.

reppotato

5/10/22
Thank you for your reply. The sale is listed in the sales section and I was contacted because of the ad. They are some really good points indeed and I will not do a backdoor deal.

Thanks again!

Reactions: eBoy

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
How about just skipping the guy?

Goods and service you have to pay a fee also btw

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
As eBoy mentioned, can you just do a reserved sale and then action a F&F payment?

A330

21/5/22
Australia
Never never never EVER use Paypal Goods and Services, its stupidly easy for them to scam you out of money.

The only time I would use PayPal is under Friends and Family and that the Full Name and Address matches the shipping address that you are being provided with and that its in the same currency.

If you ever get into really expensive sales, and they live in a "regional" town in the same state or in a major city where it is cheap to fly to, what I find best is to meet up in person (I also need to offload a crap ton of Qantas points).

Reactions: Got20Mate

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
I personally don't have a problem, i let the buyer choose if he wants g&s or f&f

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Never never never EVER use Paypal Goods and Services, its stupidly easy for them to scam you out of money.

The only time I would use PayPal is under Friends and Family and that the Full Name and Address matches the shipping address that you are being provided with and that its in the same currency.

If you ever get into really expensive sales, and they live in a "regional" town in the same state or in a major city where it is cheap to fly to, what I find best is to meet up in person (I also need to offload a crap ton of Qantas points).

Can you elaborate on the goods and services? Excuse my ignorance but what can happen?

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Can you elaborate on the goods and services? Excuse my ignorance but what can happen?
If he is a scammer he can do a chargeback amd complicate things
Just check the shipping and paypal address to match and tell him not to write anything for reference at the transaction

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
If he is a scammer he can do a chargeback amd complicate things
Just check the shipping and paypal address to match and tell him not to write anything for reference at the transaction
Well that's not terrifying at all! Thanks for the insight