• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Philippe 24

sUpemezU

Known Member
1/12/06
Hi all, Happy 2007! May all your wishes come true this great year.

I am looking for a Patek Philippe 24 for my wife. Which dealer has the most accurate rep?

Apart from River, coz he hasnt reply since last month. :cry:

sUpemezU

Known Member
1/12/06
Thx Klink, saw theirs before, but they are not as accurate as River's.

et10yl

Horology Curious
18/5/07
bump... anyone? or nobody is carrying the same watch that river had anymore?

how accurate are the versions that are available now? thanks!

glitch

Known Member
20/3/06
i've had 3 PP 24's in the past

get the MOP. really nice.

different dealers have different # of diamonds set around the bezel. Go to an AD and count those on the gen. Then compare the pics on the dealer sites.

et10yl

Horology Curious
18/5/07
glitch, I've not gone to an AD but I did look at many pics online. have you gotten one of these and who did you get it from?

So far, I'm looking for the single row of diamonds on each side of the bezel, and I'm not sure yet if I want to go with the plain band or the band with stones. For that model and similar, I've counted 17 or 18 on each side of the bezel and 10 for date markers on most pics I've seen of gens.

I counted River's to have 17 each side.
12-15 on Josh's, and the date markers are slightly skewed at 4 and 7 positions which would bug the hell outta me.
14 on Paul's (looks like), but there are these little gaps between each stone.
14 on Ruby's. Looks similar to Pauls..?
16 maybe 17 on King's and I like the way the cz's are set on the bezel in this version a little better (less gap between the stones or so it seems from the pic).

I just haven't heard very much else about these models from other dealers. I keep reading about how River's was the best, but nobody seems to say how the other versions compare to what was supposed to be the best rep of all time on this watch.

I know it's a ladies watch and that's less likely than finding reviews for the best sub, but some people here must have bought this for the girl in their life right (even from dealers other than River)? And I'd like to hear from those folks what they (and/or their girl) thought of it.