• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Parts sourcing?

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
As I've been working on the various mod projects I'm doing, it's striking how few rep-grade parts for RMs are available. I can find Rolex and Omega and Hublot rep parts all over the place, but no one seems to have RM parts. There have to be factories making the raw parts, and having access to those would go a long way towards project completion.

Does anyone know (or know someone who might know) how to locate and order a batch of parts from one of these factories? Crystals and hands are the two main things that I know exist but cannot source. If I can cop an Onola clone of an RM65 for $20 on AliBaba, then the parts I need must be widely available and cheap. I'd prefer to directly buy crystals and hands and that would let me make full-carbon RMs instead of just the midcase, complete with front and rear crystals. I can source every other part but hands with the correct size means I don't have to order custom hands or broach the existing ones out, and crystals would be a complete game-changer. I can just buy a stock of cheapos and tear them apart, but with no use for the other parts I'm reticent to splash out on complete watches just for the crystals and hands.

I know this is a long shot, but anyone with factory or manufacturing connections in China might be able to help. All I can find is Watch2Parts, which is expensive and not the actual sizes that I need. Any and all leads appreciated!