• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Panerai OEM / Palp crown installation

andyaudi42

11/11/07
Can someone tell me how to instal an OEM panerai crown on my 112H from DSN. Or should this be left to someone experienced. Do i need anything in addition to the new crown (ie stem, etc.)?

Please let me know,

Thanks Guys and girls

triple-d

Renowned Member
5/3/07
Andy......you need to e-mail DSN, or a good modder. I'm not syre about the gen parts...never had any. DSN does use different parts for the stem and tube, than other rep makers. If you e-mail him it will be faster than pm, and you will get the correct answer. :D Good luck.

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Andy, it's my understanding that the SS crowns from Kruzer/the guy in Turkey are for auto PAMs. The ETA 775x movements that power auto PAMs use a smaller stem than what the 6497s use. So you would need to rethread the winding stem to the smaller diameter (0.9mm vs 1.2mm, I think), plus the crown tube isn't large enough on the inner diameter, so that needs to be modified as well. It's a job best left to a proper watchsmith, IMO.

triple-d

Renowned Member
5/3/07
OR.............Hooligan, who also knows his stuff!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
It's all 2nd hand, I don't know spit. :lol:

I don't think the Palp crowns require any modification, Andy, but I'm not 100% on that. You may need to shorten the stem or grind down the CG lever or both, as the Palp crown is almost certainly thicker than the crown your watch came with.

Of the two, the Palp crown will require less work, but is also less accurate.

andyaudi42

11/11/07
Was wondering if i will need a new stem, or is it possible to remove the original stem from the rep crown? If you can remove it, how is this done?

Thanks guys
Andrew