• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

panerai crown/stem: advice needed

philippe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/4/06
hi,
waiting for my movement/ relumed dial from ziggy, i worked a little this evening on my davidsen pvd case...
i have cut the stem to the right lenght (using a spare unitas to test the lenght) and screwed the crown. it works, not so bad for a first time!
need an advice: is it useful to use some "loctite blue"to "secure"(hope it's the right english word) the stem to the crown even it's screwed? and by the way using "loctite blue" to secure crownguard little screws?
thanks!

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
philippe said:
hi,
waiting for my movement/ relumed dial from ziggy, i worked a little this evening on my davidsen pvd case...
i have cut the stem to the right lenght (using a spare unitas to test the lenght) and screwed the crown. it works, not so bad for a first time!
need an advice: is it useful to use some "loctite blue"to "secure"(hope it's the right english word) the stem to the crown even it's screwed? and by the way using "loctite blue" to secure crownguard little screws?
thanks!

loctite is ok but in VERY VERY SMALL AMOUNTS
If you have done everything right it doesn't take much loctite to keep things secure with small watch sized threads and if you use too much you may not ever get the screws loose again when you actually need to get them loose :)

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
OldeCrow said:
loctite is ok but in VERY VERY SMALL AMOUNTS
Also, remember Cyanoacrylate glues have vapours that condense on solids and glues them to anything that touches them, like fine dust, hairs, etc.. Never, ever, ever use superglue near a watch movement.