• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM351 - strap choice?

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Thinking of picking up a 351 as a christmas present (to myself :p ) and im really lost on picking a strap I think would go well with it. There's hardly any pics online it seems of 351's on different straps.

It needs to be a dressier strap, so no ammo styles, Ostrich?

http://www.kainheritage.com/strap24mm/xiranostrich.html

Possibly just dark brown croc on a deployant.

Hmm,

suggestions welcome!

351 on ammo

5794747883_e80ff9c421.jpg

on brown leather

1263409958587_Pam_351_Front.jpg

watch.aholic

Renowned Member
23/3/11
Great choice there to buy a 351.....I have it under my radar too but will wait for a bit for my CC to cool down.....I had this Kain strap in my mind for the 351.....Somehow I see that their is a bluish tint on the uncharged lume on the numerals on the 351 dial....I thought a blue stitch would really set it off......what do you think about this Kain strap?

d419d6ff.jpg

770a.jpg

The blue stitch could be a tad lighter but I can't find a lighter blue thread.

watch.aholic

Renowned Member
23/3/11
I just saw this pic in one of the posts on RG......I think the strap looks fantastic on the 351

Pam351006.jpg

Warrenpiece13

10/1/11
Sorry to jump in on your thread but how's the tobacco brown dial compared to gen? I'm either going to buy the 351 or 177. I need a titanium and these two are amazing!!

I tried one of the 351's on at the NY store and fell in love with it on the gator strap it comes with, like your second image. Very deep vintage brown and super supple.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi Bones
I think that for dressier strap the brown croco is awesome
It looks impressive. I like the watch a lot with this strap.

1263409958587_Pam_351_Front.jpg

gottahavarolex

Known Member
23/2/08
OEM Assolutamente for this all the way! Dressy enough but also casual enough. It was worth the $230 I paid for it.
030.jpg

39855be6.jpg

The KH that watchaholic posted above is my pic, it's also a very nice strap but it has unfinished edges and was a little to casual for this watch IMO. No matter what you choose this watch is a winner!

Sorry to jump in on your thread but how's the tobacco brown dial compared to gen? I'm either going to buy the 351 or 177. I need a titanium and these two are amazing!!

I tried one of the 351's on at the NY store and fell in love with it on the gator strap it comes with, like your second image. Very deep vintage brown and super supple.

I was in my local Tourneu store the other day and the gen dial and rep are super close. Don't fall for people that say the gen dial is darker, look at the gen pic from risti below, what do you think ;)
assolutamente.jpg

Warrenpiece13

10/1/11
Gottahavearolex, When I first saw the pics of the 351 over at puretime i definitely thought the dial on the gen was darker but after seeing that shot it looks like it might be spot on. I know on one of the other tobacco brown Pam reps people were complaining that the dial was too light so I was just wondering if this was the same. Thanks for the comparison!

gottahavarolex

Known Member
23/2/08
Gottahavearolex, When I first saw the pics of the 351 over at puretime i definitely thought the dial on the gen was darker but after seeing that shot it looks like it might be spot on. I know on one of the other tobacco brown Pam reps people were complaining that the dial was too light so I was just wondering if this was the same. Thanks for the comparison!

No problem bro. It really is close Warren! I was very pleased to see that it wasn't as far off as originally thought. It's definitely one of my fav Pams. If you choose it over the 177 you won't be disappointed.

watch.aholic

Renowned Member
23/3/11
@gottahaverolex.....mate I hope you didn't mind my posting your pic taken from RWG without your permission....Just wanted to add to the thread :)

kroexist

Known Member
26/4/11
OEM Assolutamente for this all the way! Dressy enough but also casual enough. It was worth the $230 I paid for it.
030.jpg

39855be6.jpg

The KH that watchaholic posted above is my pic, it's also a very nice strap but it has unfinished edges and was a little to casual for this watch IMO. No matter what you choose this watch is a winner!

I was in my local Tourneu store the other day and the gen dial and rep are super close. Don't fall for people that say the gen dial is darker, look at the gen pic from risti below, what do you think ;)
assolutamente.jpg

Ouch... those make me hurt from inside... Beyond beautiful!!!